: new with a bunch of questions

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 12:25 AM
hey everyone, im nick and i just got a 05 cts-v on fri the 1st. i love the car, i always wanted a cts and a v is even better. i use to drive imports so im still getting use to the v8 muscle. but i have a couple questions, i have been reading somewhat a lot on this site, using the search and previous threads, but a couple things are bothering me. 1st is the tranny or shifting. it seems like it shift kinda hard, is that normal? but also when im in 1st about to shift to second sometimes it doesnt let me, you know when you put it in reverse and the r comes up on the dash well when i try to shift it into second a 1-4 thing comes up and it wont let me shift into second i have to put it in the neutral position and then bring it into second, whats wrong there? second, i just started having a problem with the front right tire pressure sensor, are these accurate? i went on a long highway trip today and it went from 33 to 24 psi and a "!" came up i filled it up 2 times and so far it has been alright, the tire didnt seem flat or anything and it was only when i was going highway, it also alternates one sec it will be on 35 the next 33 etc. i have 2 more questions but i want to take pics to show you so i will wait for some responses on these. i cant wait to get to know everyone and stuff around here. i love this car its bad ass and no1 has one around here. i also wanted to know who has the most miles on there's and is the v reliable like imports? that is all for now. thanks!:)

Drift-caddy
09-07-06, 12:37 AM
LOl welcome to the V family and GM stupid lil trates. the 1-4 is a skipshift and its normal for your car. A lil tune can get that out. Now your tires may have a problem, so keep your eye on that and get it checked out. Also where are you from??

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 12:43 AM
a skipshift i dont understand? also i have been reading about the rear end whining and such, what is this, i hope i didnt buy a car that is going to give me problems! i am worried about these things. im from orange city florida, and my car has 19500 miles

austin
09-07-06, 12:56 AM
>a skipshift i dont understand?

Read these;

We are currently developing more (http://www.stealthv.com/cags.htm)

!CAGS Eliminator (http://www.stealthv.com/cagselim.htm)

!CAGS Eliminator (http://www.stealthv.com/!cags_eliminator.htm)

The Tony Show
09-07-06, 07:03 AM
Hey Ocboy- welcome to the club!

Your tir might not have looked flat because the Vs are equipped with runflat tires. Even though the pressure is low, they will still look full. If the tire monitor shows low again, you need to take it in and have it patched (if possible).

Other than that, I'd recommend going to Cadillac CTS / CTS-V and STS / STS-V Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (http://www.cadillacfaq.com) and reading a lot, especially the section for new owners.

Enjoy it, and watch out for those blue and red lights!

ajedwardsjr
09-07-06, 07:14 AM
I strongly, strongly recommend that you order that !CAGS Eliminator from Stealth-V. In fact, I don't think you'll find too many on here that won't recommend it. It's fairly inexpensive, very well made, easy to install, and 100% effective. Can't beat it. I did read somewhere that Stealth-V was out of them and there was a huge back log of orders, but that was a while back. All they had to do was to make some more. Stop reading. Order now.

Luna.
09-07-06, 11:52 AM
No need for the skip-shift eliminator. Just get the car dyno tuned and they can remove the function altogether and, not to mention, you'll get a really good HP increase for the price.

Kadonny
09-07-06, 12:02 PM
Welcome, enjoy the car. Get that tire looked at, I bet it has a leak and the sensors are fine.

Oh, and get the !cags eliminator if you are not going to tune the car. Worth every penny. Keep watch here, some users sell theirs used if they get the skip shift tuned out.

Thats how I got mine, thanks again Blownblackcaddy!

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 01:17 PM
oh so its normal for the 1-4 thing. but the tire sensors are still acting weird, i havent had a problem so far, but i left my house today with 29 psi and returned with 33 psi w/ no air fill up something is wrong

oh and btw im 21 and insurance is ripping me a new one :(

StealthV
09-07-06, 01:28 PM
The air pressure will build up inside the tires when driving - especially higher speeds and ambient temperature. Going from 29 cold to 33 hot is to be expected.

gcollier
09-07-06, 01:49 PM
The reason the shift 1-4 comes up is for fuel economy reasons. Get the CAGS eliminator or a tune.

commander112
09-07-06, 08:34 PM
Tire pressure will rise as the temp of the air inside the tire rises from the heat generated from the road, the air molecules inside the tire moving and bumping into each other and the rise in ambient temp through the day.

Mark

starfox86
09-07-06, 10:15 PM

at least they dont consider it a sports car and ur also not payin for a 2-door....a HECK of alot cheeper than a vette to insure.

wheres orange city?...i live in cape coral

JonCR96Z
09-07-06, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure that it is cheaper than a vette.

Welcome to the board, ocboy. My tire psi is always all over the place. I feel that it's kinda like the oil temp guage, I'm not used to see it so I really never knew how much the psi changed. My goes from 30 to 35 and as hard as I try I can never get the tires to be the same and stay that way.

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 11:28 PM
at least they dont consider it a sports car and ur also not payin for a 2-door....a HECK of alot cheeper than a vette to insure.

wheres orange city?...i live in cape coral

1/2 hour from orlando and daytona

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 11:30 PM
i read on this board someone had their navigation replaced because of chipping is this true is it covered under warranty that is ridiculas, also my back rear passenger side seat airbag where the seatbelt is is falling off should i go to the dealership for thoes 2 items?

JonCR96Z
09-07-06, 11:33 PM
Take it to the dealer, unless you prefer those things the way they are.

ocboy05V
09-07-06, 11:36 PM
so it is covered, nice!

btw - do the v's have spares? i dont

Florian
09-07-06, 11:40 PM
oh so its normal for the 1-4 thing. but the tire sensors are still acting weird, i havent had a problem so far, but i left my house today with 29 psi and returned with 33 psi w/ no air fill up something is wrong

apparantly physics class ripped you a new one as well. :thepan:

F

Florian
09-07-06, 11:43 PM
Tire pressure will rise as the temp of the air inside the tire rises from the heat generated from the road, the air molecules inside the tire moving and bumping into each other and the rise in ambient temp through the day.

Mark

Youre waaaayyyy too nice. :tisk:

F

Kadonny
09-08-06, 08:17 AM
so it is covered, nice!

btw - do the v's have spares? i dont

No spares. The Vs are equiped with runflat tires. Many have replaced their tires with non runflats and added a spare tire to the well in the trunk.

ocboy05V
10-26-06, 12:59 AM
heres an update on my V

well i am frustrated to say the least, i took my car in and ordered new pieces i was talking about for my inside... they looked at the tire and could not find anything wrong with it. it still has a slow leak, when im on the highway it will gradually go down until the ! comes up, do you think the tire co will warranty it, or replace it if i bring it in? what about fix a flat? thanks

ocboy05V
10-26-06, 11:45 AM
okay

HushH
10-26-06, 12:12 PM
I was getting my V serviced yesterday and there was a guy there with the same issue and got the same response from the dealer.

Take it to a decent tire shop and have them look at it. Fix a Flat is for temporary use only and can ruin your TPMS.

commander112
10-26-06, 01:01 PM
Your tire may be fine. Your problem could be a rim leak or a bad valve. Like said before, take it to a good tire store (not the dealer) and be done with it.

Mark

ctsvett
10-26-06, 11:38 PM
welcome OCBOY...

here is some helpful information:

For the slowly deflating tires:

-http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tps-torq.html
-If thats not it, have a tire place check for a kink in the tire bead.. I had that and it slowly lost pressure overnight... Really annoying..

For the shifting:
Shifting has been known to be somewhat difficult... If its overly difficult, have the dealer check your clutch hydraulic lines (for air)... you can check the resevoir... also, have them change the tranny fluid if it gets really bad.

Reed

Dean400hp
10-27-06, 08:07 AM
:tisk: dont drive fast (90mph or higher) with your rear window down, thats what causes your rear airbag cover to come lose...we all had that happen!!

trick to skip shift is drive fast, I still have only had it keep me out of 2nd one time!!:thumbsup: