: Exedy twin disc clutch group buy

Drift-caddy
09-06-06, 08:35 PM
OK well here it is, the best clutch ever made and the best clutch for the V or any car. We are selling the CTSV Exedy twin plate clutch and the single disc with spacers. If there is any intrest please let me know ASAP. We have 3 left and need to sell them.

Luna.
09-06-06, 08:40 PM
What benefits should one expect to get when upgrading to this unit?

TXSilverV
09-06-06, 08:49 PM
What price. I think my stock is almost fried.

DILLIGAF
09-06-06, 08:49 PM
i'm interested also.

Tags63
09-06-06, 09:08 PM
Hello:
I'm interested but would like to know your price and why your kit is better then the other ones out there??

Thanks,
Paul

JonCR96Z
09-06-06, 09:17 PM
pm me the price

Chef
09-06-06, 09:41 PM
:food-snacking:
Ditto to the above...

Thanks,
Chef

1MEANV
09-06-06, 09:50 PM
the exedy twin disc is the best unit you can buy. i have one and it is a killer piece.

DILLIGAF
09-06-06, 10:09 PM
I want one for the coffee table.

onebadcad
09-06-06, 10:52 PM
If you still have one left, PM me with the price, or send me via e-mail at dscott@residentialsavingsmortgage.com, thanks. By the way, I have spoken to Exedy regarding fitment for the V for the twin-disc, and they were less than helpful. Thanks.

Darren

stkshkr
09-06-06, 11:00 PM
I'm interested in the twin.

csp3000
09-06-06, 11:52 PM
I am also interested... :cool:

Drift-caddy
09-07-06, 01:17 AM
OK sorry i forgot to post price. Now the clutch is not cheap. You get what you pay for. This clutch will handle what ever you can put to it. 750hp rated. If the good Doc will chime in Keeksv he will tell you how great it is and how great it feels. Alot better then stock but not crazy hard. Trust me you will love the way it feels and grabs. Also less weight then stock so more free Hp... the Twin disk is $1600.00 plus 95.00 for the spacer. Turn around time is 2 weeks to make spacer. Please allow for shipping as well.

thanks

Damian

Consistent with their tradition of quality, all EXEDY racing and performance clutches are designed, engineered and built as race clutches - not rebuilt from stock clutches. Unlike other performance clutch manufacturers, EXEDY clutches are not made of gray cast iron from rebuilt stock clutches. Instead, EXEDY clutch pressure plates are newly constructed from ductile (nodular) iron for your increased safety in harsh performance environments.

Features a forged aluminum cover that is anodized purple, and is stiffer than a stamped cover allowing for a higher lever ratio to maintain the pedal efforts at a reasonable level No clamp load deflection as in a pressed metal type cover Steel Flywheel 6-puck Cerametallic Facing Spring Center Damper Disc Turbine like Cooling Vanes in Pressure Plate.

keeksv
09-07-06, 01:46 PM
[quote=Drift-caddy;797879]OK sorry i forgot to post price. Now the clutch is not cheap. You get what you pay for. This clutch will handle what ever you can put to it. 750hp rated. If the good Doc will chime in Keeksv he will tell you how great it is and how great it feels. Alot better then stock but not crazy hard.

thanks

Damian

quote]

LOL...."good Doc"...

I love this clutch/fly on my car. Probably the last one I'll ever need to put in there. I was really surprised at how little difference there is between the pedal pressure of the stock setup and this one. Had it done when my supercharger was put in. Car reaches higher RPMs faster, and not so much banging around from the drivetrain. I now have some room to increase horsepower, and to move to a 9" rear without worrying about anything busting under my feet. Damian, as always, did a great job of setting up this and the rest of my drivetrain up over a year ago.....

1MEANV has one too, at least I think he finally took it off of his coffee table:stirpot:

ctsvflorida
09-07-06, 05:14 PM
I have heard that TPIS, I believe is the name, is a great set up. It's good for 550hp (understanably 200hp less rated) and is a direct replacement clutch for GM vehicles, it is 26lbs. lighter and comes with clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for under $800! It is a ZO6 replacement and is supposed to be great! No offense to this clutch seller but $1600 seems awfully expensive! I would like to know what the pluses and minuses are between the two and I'll make my decision! Thanks

Florian
09-08-06, 12:08 AM
how about Textralia?

F

Drift-caddy
09-08-06, 06:27 AM
how about Textralia?

F

How about...Consistent with their tradition of quality, all EXEDY racing and performance clutches are designed, engineered and built as race clutches - not rebuilt from stock clutches. Unlike other performance clutch manufacturers, EXEDY clutches are not made of gray cast iron from rebuilt stock clutches. Instead, EXEDY clutch pressure plates are newly constructed from ductile (nodular) iron for your increased safety in harsh performance environments.

Features a forged aluminum cover that is anodized purple, and is stiffer than a stamped cover allowing for a higher lever ratio to maintain the pedal efforts at a reasonable level No clamp load deflection as in a pressed metal type cover Steel Flywheel 6-puck Cerametallic Facing Spring Center Damper Disc Turbine like Cooling Vanes in Pressure Plate.

A clutch rated at 550hp max is cute. Just think how much power you are making at the flywheel and then you will see that you are pushing the very most your 550hp clutch can hold. Now if you are stock or bolt-ons then a stock clucth will be fine for now.If you want a better clutch that will last longer and hold up to whatever you can put down then twin plate is the way to go. Price well, its like tires you can get some $100.00 maypops and hope it holds or you can get some Michelin tires and know you have the best that will hold up to the heat and power and everyday driving, and if you would like to race trust the tire will be there. The Exedy is the same. I have used many clutches and this is by far the best clutch out there for the V. Well just my .02.b

Florian
09-08-06, 10:04 AM
How about...Consistent with their tradition of quality, all EXEDY racing and performance clutches are designed, engineered and built as race clutches - not rebuilt from stock clutches. Unlike other performance clutch manufacturers, EXEDY clutches are not made of gray cast iron from rebuilt stock clutches. Instead, EXEDY clutch pressure plates are newly constructed from ductile (nodular) iron for your increased safety in harsh performance environments.

Good boiler plate there, but nothing more than rah-rah for the home team.

A clutch rated at 550hp max is cute. Just think how much power you are making at the flywheel and then you will see that you are pushing the very most your 550hp clutch can hold. Now if you are stock or bolt-ons then a stock clucth will be fine for now.If you want a better clutch that will last longer and hold up to whatever you can put down then twin plate is the way to go. Price well, its like tires you can get some $100.00 maypops and hope it holds or you can get some Michelin tires and know you have the best that will hold up to the heat and power and everyday driving, and if you would like to race trust the tire will be there. The Exedy is the same. I have used many clutches and this is by far the best clutch out there for the V. Well just my .02.b

Not sure a race clutch is whats needed for DD's. I choose not to use the Exedy, not from a performance standpoint, but from a drivability standpoint. Im pushing 450RWHP and frankly, I think the Exedy is overkill.

F