: Do you guys like the 42 piece wood kits?

sickness
09-06-06, 01:46 PM
I can get a few straight from Caddy. Interested?

Arich
09-06-06, 02:56 PM
I'd be very interested

TSS
09-06-06, 07:49 PM
"Straight from Caddy". Could you explain? I thought my v-8 w/ luxury had all the "wood" you could get. I have not counted, but 42 pieces sounds like more than I have....

sgilbert
09-06-06, 09:59 PM
As TSS said! Does it include additional pieces that my '04 w/ Nav didn't already come with? If so, do they match?

chiefmjk
09-07-06, 06:41 AM
I have an after market 42 piece Kit and it adds a to much richer cabin apperance.

TSS
09-07-06, 08:27 AM
Yes, but that is after-market. The original post indicates "straight from Caddy".

"Straight from Caddy" to me implies manufactured parts, not aftermarket overlays. It also suggests they were OEM on some vehicle. I am just looking for clarification. If there are OEM wood (or wood-look) parts mine did not come with, I would be interested. However, overlays which add wood to areas the vehicle did not ever come with, I am not interested in even though some look excellent.

simonsnani
09-07-06, 01:39 PM
what is your price,for 06 xrs base model

dbknight
09-07-06, 08:14 PM
I've seen one with lots of extra wood at a Caddy Dealer and did not like it. There was a charge for it on a bump-up sticker.

TSS
09-08-06, 07:32 AM
Original poster? Are you there? Comments/clarification for us?

Package
09-11-06, 11:58 AM
Sherwood makes the wood trim for the Caddy/SRX and is a OEM supplier. I got their upgraded package and did not use all of it. I used about 30 total pieces and it makes the interior look the way it whould for a car like this. Using all the pieces was a little over kill for me but it make the interior look much better IMO...

Smokin' SRX
09-14-06, 09:30 AM
Hi! I put the aftermarket kit in myself, in just 2 hours of fun!! Looks fantastic! It has about 50 pieces and covers all kinds of door/dash/overhead areas! Matches OEM stuff great! No, ........ OEM never offered these upgrades! I spent about $275., 2 years ago! Caddy wanted $890 installed, for same kit!! Only one piece ever fell off, the drivers door, where I hit it everytime I exit....and I really didn't "prep" any of the areas as they recommend cause the 3M self-stick works great!
I found the add in the back of Motortrends or Car and Driver magazine, last few pages of adds. was made in The Bronx, NY !!!!:thumbsup:

Smokin' SRX
09-16-06, 09:28 AM
RE: Above Wood dash Kits........I just realized one of our advertisers (see add column at right of forum text...("Cadillac floor Mats") sells these!!! WWW. USSPEEDONLINE.com (cut paste site)
Enjoy. :bouncy:

paulflowers
10-07-06, 07:52 PM
The Sherwood kit is the way to go. Easy to install, looks great, and not too expensive.

wifescaddy
02-10-07, 07:25 PM
My wife wants to add more wood grain to ours,is the sherwood kit the best match to what we already have in there?Or are there others.And who makes the one from usspeed.

Smokin' SRX
02-13-07, 05:44 PM
see the newer posting! Great kit! Caddy never offered any more! It's not OE.....just better!