: Need help deciding!!!

KTran211
09-06-06, 01:06 PM
Lately, I been looking to purchase a car and I have been debating if I should get a BMW M3 or a Cadillac CTS-V. My question basically is what are the reasons as to why you guys decided to purchase the CTS-V? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Kong

Venomous-V
09-06-06, 01:13 PM
I also was in the same position as you. Its not a V8, its not a four door, and it just isnt a bad ass caddy where people ask you, "what is that thing"

Personally i didnt fit well in the M3. And i have had 6 two doors previously.

VELOSE
09-06-06, 01:20 PM
Why a V over an M3, because of the sound of a V8, linear torque curve of the LS6, it's a Cadillac, $15k price difference, styling, 4-doors, g-meter, suede inserts, luxury with performance, 6spd Tremec, 4 wheel Brembo BBK, aftermarket support, I knew I wanted a supercharger and that mod is carb legal on the V as opposed to most Euro kits, and most of all, the expression on people's face when a "Cadillac" just gave them a beating. There's no element of surprise with an M3. ;)

HushH
09-06-06, 01:20 PM
For me (with 3 kids to haul around) the M3 wasn't even a consideration. I really was expecting to end up with an Audi S4 or an Infiniti M45. That was until I test drove the V. The power just put the other two choices to shame and I am still amazed at the handling I get out of a car this size. And I don't even have the FG2s!!! Of course there are little issues here and there but you'll find the same with the German and Japanese cars as well.

All I can say is drive it and you'll understand.

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 01:26 PM
All I can say is drive it and you'll understand.[/quote]

:yeah:

heavymetals
09-06-06, 01:55 PM
Go drive one, then try to convince yourself you don't want it.

Poopie D
09-06-06, 02:13 PM
Here is a scenario I have run into many times:

You pull into a parking lot or gas station (7-11 for me) and all of the punk teenagers sitting out front, waiting for someone to come along that they can beat on, will come up to you and say things like "sweet ride" "cadillac pimpin" and various other expressions of admiration.

Now go back with your buddy in his M3 (everybody knows someone with a M3!!) and the same teenagers will call you a "prep", "nerd" "wannabe" and beat the crap out of you :thepan: . :want:

Moral of the story: "Buy Caddy and not get beat up" or "Buy Caddy and make friends with bad-ass teenagers"!!!!!!

LOL...by the Cad :thumbsup:

jspridge
09-06-06, 02:39 PM
Get the 2007 V. It's got a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty!

GM Cars - General Motors Corporate Website - GM Customer Service (http://www.gm.com/)

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 02:41 PM
I must say I agree with all that's been said so far and will probably agree with what will be said about the V!

Davidstan
09-06-06, 03:25 PM
Besides the performance superiority to most cars out there i chose the V because of its size. It is tweener in my opinion. Larger than a 3 series but smaller than a 5 series...still nimble but comfortable and not boat like. I am average size 5'11 185 lbs and the V is perfect for me size wise. I do like all the ponies too of course!

KTran211
09-06-06, 03:36 PM
Man you guys are surely fast on the replies. And I thank you all for that. I have taken into consideration of the 400 HP and the DVD Nav that it comes with it already, which is nice. I will take a look at one in person and test drive that baby.

Luna.
09-06-06, 03:40 PM
Lately, I been looking to purchase a car and I have been debating if I should get a BMW M3 or a Cadillac CTS-V. My question basically is what are the reasons as to why you guys decided to purchase the CTS-V? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Kong

:histeric: I was in exactly the same boat is why this question cracked me up...:)

I decided on the V pretty much due to price, the much better torque, and the ability to mod the car much easier and cheaper.

A turbo M3 did and does sound awfully nice, but my V was vastly cheaper...:)

P-Funk
09-06-06, 03:43 PM
Just test drive it and you'll buy it. I liked the look of them, but wasn't sure that I wanted to spend around $50k on a car at the time. Took it for a test drive and just had to buy it.

v-ape
09-06-06, 03:44 PM
I went through the same thought process for 2 months. What convinced me was the maintenance of BMW is astronomical. every 15k miles you have to spend 2000, and every 30k you have to spend another 1500, plus the valves need to be redone at 60k. The oil you use in the M3 is 10w-60, which is expensive (~$10/quart) and difficult to find. You can only use premium gas in it, Cadi runs just fine on 87. The CTS-V performs about the same and has 2 more doors. What finally sold me on the V was the engine. Just listening to it climb the revs was so much more enjoyable than hearing a I-6 do the same thing. Nothing beats that Corsa backfire sound either...

I'm low maintnance and my car should be too. But I dont want to sacrifice performance for it.

BigFred
09-06-06, 05:07 PM
I was looking at a few other cars including an M3 (a used one though). Some diff, info form the previous posts: The fact it's a Cadiilac is big points. Very rare. I love the unique and bad ass look of the exterior styling. I have the light grey interior, and I think it looks pretty damn good (I'm coming from an XJR). I love gadgets and XM NavTraffic is a "wow" feature. My more image conscious friends still like it.
Find an 06 and get it for cheap :bouncy: Offering $4,000 off at the start, and I'm sure the dealers will throw in a few thousand more.

CIWS
09-06-06, 05:14 PM
I also was in the same position as you. Its not a V8, its not a four door, and it just isnt a bad ass caddy where people ask you, "what is that thing"

Personally i didnt fit well in the M3. And i have had 6 two doors previously.

Why a V over an M3, because of the sound of a V8, linear torque curve of the LS6, it's a Cadillac, $15k price difference, styling, 4-doors, g-meter, suede inserts, luxury with performance, 6spd Tremec, 4 wheel Brembo BBK, aftermarket support, I knew I wanted a supercharger and that mod is carb legal on the V as opposed to most Euro kits, and most of all, the expression on people's face when a "Cadillac" just gave them a beating. There's no element of surprise with an M3. ;)

For me (with 3 kids to haul around) the M3 wasn't even a consideration. I really was expecting to end up with an Audi S4 or an Infiniti M45. That was until I test drove the V. The power just put the other two choices to shame and I am still amazed at the handling I get out of a car this size. And I don't even have the FG2s!!! Of course there are little issues here and there but you'll find the same with the German and Japanese cars as well.

:yeah:[/quote]

Go drive one, then try to convince yourself you don't want it.

Here is a scenario I have run into many times:

You pull into a parking lot or gas station (7-11 for me) and all of the punk teenagers sitting out front, waiting for someone to come along that they can beat on, will come up to you and say things like "sweet ride" "cadillac pimpin" and various other expressions of admiration.

Now go back with your buddy in his M3 (everybody knows someone with a M3!!) and the same teenagers will call you a "prep", "nerd" "wannabe" and beat the crap out of you :thepan: . :want:

Moral of the story: "Buy Caddy and not get beat up" or "Buy Caddy and make friends with bad-ass teenagers"!!!!!!

LOL...by the Cad :thumbsup:

Get the 2007 V. It's got a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty!

GM Cars - General Motors Corporate Website - GM Customer Service (http://www.gm.com/)

I must say I agree with all that's been said so far and will probably agree with what will be said about the V!

Besides the performance superiority to most cars out there i chose the V because of its size. It is tweener in my opinion. Larger than a 3 series but smaller than a 5 series...still nimble but comfortable and not boat like. I am average size 5'11 185 lbs and the V is perfect for me size wise. I do like all the ponies too of course!

:yeah: :D

OldRoadDawg
09-06-06, 06:18 PM
All of the above and its . . .

Made in America