: a SAD day!

mlg
09-06-06, 12:01 PM
fired up the v and warning lite comes on, no oil pressure, then another, turn of car immediately,,,, wtf,, i get out, look under car, no oil, ck dip stick, full of oil, tried again w same result , wtf ,,04 w/ 20k miles. i sadly watched as the tow truck drove away w my beloved v on the bed.........dealer did take car of me and gave me a new cts to use....2.8l engine, what a dawg...but i dig the volume contol for radio on steering wheel , any thoughts as to problem??? thnx

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 12:14 PM
fired up the v and warning lite comes on, no oil pressure, then another, turn of car immediately,,,, wtf,, i get out, look under car, no oil, ck dip stick, full of oil, tried again w same result , wtf ,,04 w/ 20k miles. i sadly watched as the tow truck drove away w my beloved v on the bed.........dealer did take car of me and gave me a new cts to use....2.8l engine, what a dawg...but i dig the volume contol for radio on steering wheel , any thoughts as to problem??? thnx

I was given the 3.6 cts loaner and it was actually really cool, pretty fast for a 6! Anyway, who knows why there is no oil pressure but prolly just the oil pump and you saved your motor by shutting it down immediately. Keep us posted as to what the problem actually is. BTW, do you have any mods done to the V? Good luck!

heavymetals
09-06-06, 12:22 PM
Bad oil pressure sensor.

At the rear of the motor and a BITCH to get at if you have a maggie (don't ask how I know!).

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 12:24 PM
Bad oil pressure sensor.

At the rear of the motor and a BITCH to get at if you have a maggie (don't ask how I know!).

There you go! Maybe even more simple as Heavy says!

RobertCTS
09-06-06, 01:13 PM
Bad oil pump?:confused:

heavymetals
09-06-06, 01:19 PM
If it knocked and clattered when he restarted it, then a bad oil pump could be the cause.

Mine did the same thing (DIC display showed a car with the hood up, check engine light came on and no oil pressure indicated).

I was able to troubleshoot it with the dealer.

I had to replace the part myself (ergo the BITCH).

Silver Dollar
09-06-06, 01:29 PM
I've never heard of an oil pump going bad. Not saying they don't, but it would have to be pretty rare event.

Main bearings going bad? The primary reason for low oil pressure but not on a car with only 20K miles.

I'm concurring with the gallery - bad sensor.

ssmith100
09-06-06, 01:38 PM
O-ring on the pick up tube let go and clogged the pump. This has happened on a few cars. Mine did the same thing (2004 w/ 28,000 miles). They will probably replace the pump to when they fix it. You don't want to go by there when there doing it though. I still have nightmares about my car when I saw it torn apart.

Shane

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 01:39 PM
I've never heard of an oil pump going bad. Not saying they don't, but it would have to be pretty rare event.

Main bearings going bad? The primary reason for low oil pressure but not on a car with only 20K miles.

I'm concurring with the gallery - bad sensor.

Do you concur?

Silver Dollar
09-06-06, 01:43 PM
yeah, that too..... )P

Luna.
09-06-06, 01:49 PM
I don't own an '04, but wasn't there a TSB on bad oil sensors in '04 or something like that?

I could be totally off base, but something like that comes to memory...

P-Funk
09-06-06, 02:48 PM
When I read the title, I thought you had to get rid of your V. Glad that you didn't have to get rid of it. Keep us posted of what was actually the problem.

OldRoadDawg
09-06-06, 05:31 PM
I don't own an '04, but wasn't there a TSB on bad oil sensors in '04 or something like that?

I could be totally off base, but something like that comes to memory...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pi02000.pdf

Luna.
09-06-06, 06:19 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pi02000.pdf

Thanks. :D

1QUICKV
09-06-06, 06:25 PM
Bad oil pressure sensor.

i bet thats it