: Whats better?04' or 06'?(ls6 or ls2?)

Venomous-V
09-06-06, 09:59 AM
Iv got an 04' with 8,000 on it and have the opportunity to trade up to an 06' with 1,200 for very little. i mean pocket change. what are pros and cons of the different years. what would you guys do?

Silver Dollar
09-06-06, 10:07 AM
The LS7 is better

OldRoadDawg
09-06-06, 10:11 AM
The LS7 is better
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BowenCT
09-06-06, 10:24 AM
If your car has been good to you so far, I'd keep her, rather than risk being stuck with a "5:00-on-a-friday V".

HushH
09-06-06, 10:32 AM
I don't think the 04s have the XM NavTraffic do they. If not, that would be worth the trade up itself for me. Also, you'll automatically get the updated rear diff (don't know how much of an upgrade it really is) and I think the LS2 has a little more grunt down low. But then you don't have the aftermarket support the LS6 has.

OldRoadDawg
09-06-06, 10:47 AM
Actually, my suspicions would be up if the other party (private or dealer) was only looking for "pocket change" to make the trade on Vs 2 yrs apart.

There are several 'Ferengi Rules of Aquisition' at play here. To name a few:
Rule #13 - Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
Rule #19 - Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

Know what you are trading for.

Venomous-V
09-06-06, 12:54 PM
Its not so much a trade. I would by this one and then sell my 04'.isnt it worth it in itself to have a car two years newer, 7000 less miles, new diff,new ls2 model and radio steering wheel options?( by the way, i was planning on swapping my corsa,cags,spoiler, intake, GC kit, and tires)

P-Funk
09-06-06, 03:56 PM
I would go for the '06 with the LS2. But you could say I am a little biased since I have an 06.

v-ape
09-06-06, 04:19 PM
I don't think the 04s have the XM NavTraffic do they. If not, that would be worth the trade up itself for me. Also, you'll automatically get the updated rear diff (don't know how much of an upgrade it really is) and I think the LS2 has a little more grunt down low. But then you don't have the aftermarket support the LS6 has.

My '04 has a little traffic button for XM, though I dont know what it does. Theres traffic no matter where you go in DC.

If it were up to me, I'd get the LS2, I dont know if theres a blower available for it yet, but that would be the only other consideration I can think of. LS6's have the Maggie.

I would trade for the extended warranty alone...

BigFred
09-06-06, 05:14 PM
Good point on the warranty. NavTraffic is great for showing off. You get a little GM badge :thumbsup: too! Little black Cadillac emblems on the wheels!

Bottom Line: I'd do it for the warranty and the new diff.