: 5th air pressure sender

m3driver
09-06-06, 01:50 AM
I tried the search function to try and find the answer to this but no luck.

So if I mount a tire pressure sender in my spare, does the tire monitor system only read the pressure from the wheels that are moving or am I going to foul up the system?

thanks

Marco
bald as my head runflats need to be replaced

atdeneve
09-06-06, 07:04 AM
No problemas, senor. Todos es bene.

v-ape
09-06-06, 09:22 AM
It will read the ones you program it to read. You can have 100 in the car (if there are that many diff frequencies), it will only read the ones you tell it to following the FAQ on how to set the gauges.

Speaking of which I need to do that. Ever since I got my car back from the dealer, the right side has been reveresed (front = back) on the gauges.

m3driver
09-06-06, 10:17 AM
thanks!

Now I just need to buy one.

Marco

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 01:08 PM
thanks!

Now I just need to buy one.

Marco

I have a couple of them, will send you one for whatever the going price is for a used one! It is off of an '06 V and it had 4k miles on it. I'll look into it and get back to you or find out what a new one cost and we adjust from there. I have no idea of prices on these sensors. You should have 50 posts soon and you can PM me.
Brian

m3driver
09-06-06, 05:40 PM
I don't have PM priv yet. email me at m3driver@iname.com and we'll go from there. I found some used ones on ebay for $25. ITEM number 150020788897

It says 2005-2006. I have an '04 (the first 04 in CA supposedly). My WAG is the p/n are the same.

Anyone know?

Marco

OldRoadDawg
09-06-06, 05:47 PM
Here's what is used on the 2004. Seriously doubt if there are different P/Ns for later years.

G--
09-06-06, 08:32 PM
It will read the ones you program it to read. You can have 100 in the car (if there are that many diff frequencies), it will only read the ones you tell it to following the FAQ on how to set the gauges.

Speaking of which I need to do that. Ever since I got my car back from the dealer, the right side has been reveresed (front = back) on the gauges.

This may be a dumb question, but each time you get your tires rotated, do you have to reset the gauges? I just had my tires rotated, but didn't notice since they evened out the tire pressure in each tire...since they were rotated back to front, is the gauge flip-flopped as well (meaning the gauge in the dash will display the pressures of the front tires on the back and vice versa)? Thanks for clarifying...

ajedwardsjr
09-07-06, 07:23 AM
Marco - you do need to reprogram the sensors after a rotation. Here's how:

CTS-CTS-V FAQ: How to reprogram the tire pressure Sensor Guages (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tprepro.html)

It's very easy.

austin
09-07-06, 10:41 AM
Why would you want to set one for the spare.. and leave one of the main four f/r out of loop????

Are you taking off the run flats off all around... and just want the one spare to show on the dash display?

I think it would work fine for that...

diverdan
09-07-06, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that the one in the trunk would be unassigned until you reset the system and programed the car to recognize it instead of one of the others.
It would be nice if there was a way to have 5th sensor acknowledged by the car so you would alway know your spare tire pressure without having to go into the spare tire well, take the tire out to access the valve stem, and check the pressure. I once discovered my spare tire was flat: Fortunately, it wasn't on the side of the road!

m3driver
09-08-06, 12:34 AM
The plan is to rotate all five tires. Not trying to read all 5 at the same time.

ctsvett
09-08-06, 12:51 AM
I keep a spare TP Sensor in the glove box in case the tire place screws up one of my sensors or in case I need to use "fix a flat" in an EXTREME emergency.

For $40 bucks (or less- thanks Dreamin!) its a good spare part to have... Better to have than to need when you cant get it.

Call james @lindsay, he can hook you up.

Reed