: How to ship wheels & tires

SoCalV
09-05-06, 11:54 PM
Anybody have a suggestion to ship some stock wheels and tires? I got a suggestion to pull them apart and ship alone via UPS or put them on a pallet mounted. What's everybody else doing? New 20's on the way via somebody elses packaging. Will post photo if I can get the stock ones out of the living room.......thanks!

JonCR96Z
09-06-06, 12:06 AM
You could probably get more money out of them to sell them separately.

Otherwise, shipping would be cheaper and easier to ship them together. There is a furniture store near my house, that usally has a big pile of cardboard boxes behind it. They have some very thick and durable cardboard. You might could find something similar, cut it in a circle slightly bigger than the wheel and the wrap it up. You can leave the tire exposed. Seems like someone posted a pic of this from an internet supplier of wheels and tires not too long ago, though it may have been a different board.

StealthV
09-06-06, 12:07 AM
1. Ship them here.
2. Like this...

JonCR96Z
09-06-06, 12:12 AM
Yep thats the pic I was talking about.

RedGalant2k1
09-06-06, 12:12 AM
I concur with StealthV's above post. Though its not necessary to wrap them in plastic.

lunarx
09-06-06, 01:59 AM
Anybody have a suggestion to ship some stock wheels and tires? I got a suggestion to pull them apart and ship alone via UPS or put them on a pallet mounted. What's everybody else doing? New 20's on the way via somebody elses packaging. Will post photo if I can get the stock ones out of the living room.......thanks!
Consider selling them to me, since I can pick them up.
I just bought a set off ebay but they need to ship from Atlanta.
I can work things out with that seller, if you would sell me yours.
You can email me here (v@eluna.info)

SoCalV
09-06-06, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the packaging info guys!

09-07-06, 07:12 AM
UPS sells boxes that are big enough to accomodate 2 f1's in each box. I had a set shipped to me a while ago from texas or CA; the four tires came in two separate boxes, and total shipping charges (I htink including packaging) were around $110.......

ajedwardsjr
09-07-06, 08:18 AM
I can't help you with the how to part, but if you are wondering about where to ship the tires, I'd be glad to give you my home address. My original F-1's are at 12,000 and getting very very close to those wear bars.

CTS-V Racing
09-07-06, 11:04 AM
For what it's worth. I recently shipped a set of wheels across the country and DHL was a lot cheaper than either FedEx or UPS. :bouncy:

2000WS6Vert
09-07-06, 05:46 PM
For what it's worth. I recently shipped a set of wheels across the country and DHL was a lot cheaper than either FedEx or UPS. :bouncy:
How much less did it cost you? I will have to ship some wheels in the future and didn't know if I should go with UPS, FedEx or DHL.

Thanks!

Kyle15
09-07-06, 07:57 PM
I shipped some wheels and tires today and it was like $120 through DHL, they were the cheapest.

CTS-V Racing
09-07-06, 08:43 PM
4 wheels shipped Seattle to Chicago were $62. I shipped two packages with two wheels (boxed) taped together as each package. For an additional $3 per package, they will pick them up at your door to save the effort of taking them to a DHL drop off point. Anyway the next closest shipping estimate was $84 for the same shipment. :thumbsup: