: Anyone see the "Trickle down performance" commercial?

ahahnu
09-05-06, 10:26 PM
Ok commercial, but do the race Vs sound like the clip at the end? Sounded really wicked!!

Flyin-Ryan
09-05-06, 10:53 PM
I dont know about the sound but I really liked it!

calicadi
09-05-06, 11:01 PM
They did originally. But they were too fast and the SCCA leveled the playing field and they now run an intake restrictor (amonst other "penalties"). Last year at Infineon, Pilgrim's #8 sounded pitiful. He still managed to take the championship, but now you know why he never won one outright. Missed Infineon this year. It's a bad place to go if you want to see a Cad win anyway. That track favors Porsches and 'vettes. I'm going to Laguna Seca instead this year. I want to hear if the Cads are still all choked up.

V-Love
09-06-06, 12:43 AM
I hope it really does trickle down. Pilgrim's "V" is real low to the ground. I saw a pic of my car at speed and it seems high up.
Factory nitrous button would be nice.

P-Funk
09-06-06, 07:54 AM
Saw it. Loved it.

dqw1
09-06-06, 07:57 AM
Seen it before American Choppers aired Saturday. Loved it. I mentioned this on the CTS forum but I guess they don't care. I wonder if the "Life, Liberty, Persuit" agency came up with this commercial. At first I thought it was V commercial.

Dooman
09-06-06, 08:26 AM
I am betting more than one of you V owners may have even 'paused' with the old lady in bed to watch it the first time! :highfive:

The Tony Show
09-06-06, 09:03 AM
Go to Cadillac.com and click "Uncover the legacy" at the bottom of the page. Then choose "videos", and you can watch all the new commercials including "trickle".

I love that one.

CTS-VPaco
09-06-06, 11:21 AM
I haven't been near the CTS-VR in person, but I did get to touch, rub and watch the C6R rip up the track at the Houston Grand Prix and it was WICKED!!! I'd assume the engine note would be the same, but you know what assumption does...

CIWS
09-08-06, 05:23 AM
Just saw it last night. One of the better spots IMO, especially for the CTS-V. Here it is via a You Tube.

GiDUWndamDA

austin
09-08-06, 07:30 AM
Saw it last night.... Nice!! Seemed like the regular "V's" they showed sounded like they had an aftermarket exhaust.. I think there useing the race cars sound clip over the whole clip... Sweeet non the less though!!

Kadonny
09-08-06, 08:14 AM
Saw it too a few days ago. Just sat there staring at it!

Again, that exhaust in the end is so sweet, so sweet.

CIWS
09-08-06, 08:20 AM
Good thing was in looking for it (the commercial) I came across another software program that converts from FLASH movie format back to common mpg, avi, etc. That way I could convert it and then upload it to You Tube (to show here) and pass it on to Reed for the FAQ site. I think I'll add it as the vid to my Zoints page. :D

rbrown81
09-08-06, 08:47 AM
Nice sounding exhaust.