: drag radials

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 02:25 PM
are drag radials too tough on the diffy? Will my dealer void my warranty if i show up with radials to the dealership with a broken diffy? Please let me know, as im think fbgs or nitto drag radials in a 275 for my new tires. Thanks

Sick03L
09-05-06, 03:19 PM
are drag radials too tough on the diffy? Will my dealer void my warranty if i show up with radials to the dealership with a broken diffy? Please let me know, as im think fbgs or nitto drag radials in a 275 for my new tires. Thanks

Anything is too much for the stock diff besides normal driving from what I have seen. Yes they will void your warranty, unless you have an inside connection with the service team.

rand49er
09-05-06, 03:33 PM
Ask Flyboy ... he knows. :thumbsup:

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 03:42 PM
sick03l, no offense but youve owned the car for 3 days. Dont offer help when you really dont know what your talking about. (this isnt supposed to be a dick comment....just only offer input if you are aware and knowledgable. Thanks

Sick03L
09-05-06, 03:56 PM
sick03l, no offense but youve owned the car for 3 days. Dont offer help when you really dont know what your talking about. (this isnt supposed to be a dick comment....just only offer input if you are aware and knowledgable. Thanks
First off it's common sense that a set of sticky tires + blown rear will not be looked at very well at ANY dealership on ANY vehicle. Is it possible you can get away with it...sure it is ,if you get lucky.
Now, what does me owning my V for 3 days have to do with my knowlage of vehicles and dealerships? I've owned, raced and broke more cars and trucks than I care to remember. So do I have a leg to stand on in this thread? I think so.
Next time you ask a question make sure you are not so closed minded and quick to jump on somebody. I may be more helpfull than you think.

P.S It was a dick comment

Good day,
Jason

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 04:24 PM
u have no prior knowlegde of V's. V dealers. or V service centers. Every cars different as is the service centers for those cars. You dont have a leg to stand on, cause u dont know $hit. so dont comment on stuff you dont know anything about. cause ya dont.

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 04:25 PM
flyboy, on the other hand obviously has FIRST hand knowledge of having drag radials on a V (not a lightning, not a malibu, or w/e other cars youve broken so well) and how the cadillac service centers respond to V's with drag radials. so thanks for nada jason./

OldRoadDawg
09-05-06, 04:37 PM
R-owr-r
Ps-s-s-tt

nikon
09-05-06, 04:47 PM
damn guys chill...but I must agree with 03l...that is kinda common sense...the dealership monkeys may act like idiots, but can still put 2+2 together...I know I worked at one....even if the advisor doesnt catch it the tech will. Because cp jobs pay WAY more than warranty does...so no I dont think I would do it..unless you have a spare set of rims you can mount some el-cheopos on for when it does break.

JonCR96Z
09-05-06, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't agree with anything sick-o says. He's only got 10 posts.

Anyway, how much longer til your warranty runs out? I would wait til you got about 5000 or less miles to go, kill you're previous rearend ( with regular tires). Have it replaced under warranty, then go and immedeately remove and replace it with a MM rear. This way when everyone else's warranty runs out, you will just happen to have a brand new rear that you can sell for half what the caddy place sells it for. That money could go towards paying off your MM rear.

Oh yeah, I don't beleive that Nitto sells a 275 for an 18.

Sick03L
09-05-06, 06:41 PM
You guys all crack me up. I'll STFU and let you have your fun.

Good day,
Jason

JonCR96Z
09-05-06, 07:19 PM
IATYSTFU. IWSTWWTFYWEDIH. IMYOGEP.

It took me a second to figure out what you were saying. Let's see how long it takes you.

DansCTSV
09-05-06, 09:13 PM
All I know is when I blew my half shafts I took the drag radials off before it went to the dealership...

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 09:24 PM
Thanks Jon for agreeing wuith my thoughts.....I mean Im not going to trust someone who literally just bought the car, and has only 10 posts with my 50k automobile. He happened to be right, which I apologize for, but like dont talk about shit you dont really know about is what it comes down too. A forum is for people to find the RIGHT answers to their questions, and sometimes opinion matters, but in this case it was simple.....have you ever had drag radials on your car and broke something and went to the dealer? if not, dont answer, if yes please do. LOL

04CTSVFLA
09-05-06, 09:24 PM
thanks dan.

JonCR96Z
09-05-06, 10:10 PM
All I know is when I blew my half shafts I took the drag radials off before it went to the dealership...

Always remove (if applicable) any item that may cause problems with warranty claims. when u get DRs just keep your old tires. It only costs $20-30 bucks to change the tires. Way cheaper than buying a new rearend. Is it wrong to cheat the dealer, hell no. They would stick it to you faster than you would them(not all cases).

Sick03L
09-05-06, 10:14 PM
IATYSTFU. IWSTWWTFYWEDIH. IMYOGEP.

It took me a second to figure out what you were saying. Let's see how long it takes you.
Come on man...We are not 6 here. With language edit on most forums I decided not to type it out. I'm not here to argure with you guys.

Jason

JonCR96Z
09-05-06, 10:22 PM
Oh, now you got 12 posts and you can critize people here. When my daddy reads this he's gonna be mad.

Sick03L
09-05-06, 10:29 PM
Oh, now you got 12 posts and you can you can critize people here. When my daddy reads this he's gonna be mad. You win.

Jason

crowan
09-06-06, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Darwin's Waiting Room. This must be the dumbest thread ever.

Let me get this straight, a lame question is asked regarding the "wisdom" of taking a V with a broken diff to the dealer with drag radials on the car, a new member gives the only intelligent answer that could possibly be given, and he gets ripped for:

1) only owning his V for 3 days;
2) having only 10 posts, which to some members means he is an imbecile;
3) he has no first-hand experience with drag radials on a V;and
4) he is not an expert in matters relating to V dealers and service centers.

Wow.

Here's a news flash. You don't need 2000 posts or years of first-hand V experience to answer the question posed here. However, at a minimum, you do need the common sense of a ten year old. There is no bible that dictates the actions of the hundreds of Cadillac dealers or the dealers of any other automobile. If you are a good customer, or if you have a great relationship with the service department, or if the dealer caters to enthusiasts, you may be able to get away with some things that will get you bounced at other dealerships. There is no single correct answer other than to use the common sense that most people are born with.

Who in their right mind takes a broken diff in for service with drag radials unless they have a rock-solid relationship with their dealer? Those people lacking adult judgment should also check out these threads:

1) "When I break my diff at the drag strip, should I wipe the shoe polish bracket times off my windshield before taking it in for service?"

2) "If I blow up my motor, should I avoid showing my time slips to the service writer and saying that my reaction time was great but I missed my shift from 2nd to 3rd?"

3) "When I ask for warranty repair of my broken drive shaft and tranny, should I avoid bragging to the service writer about the radical smokey burnout that caused the damage?"

4) "If I have broken motor mounts should I do donuts..... Never mind, 04CTSVFLA already asked that one.

People, common sense please.

ctsvflorida
09-06-06, 12:48 PM
WOW! C'mon guys! What's the big deal here! I had a '98 SS camaro and brought the car in 3 times for the rear with the drag radials on it but I had the guy in my pocket! So, let's just say I never even owned a V, I could still answer the question with as much knowledge as the next guy! DUH!
04FLA is my neighbor but I need to state facts here, just the facts! Relax and let's get a few V's in the area for a meet Jarret! Later

Sick03L
09-06-06, 03:32 PM
I'm glad to see that common sense is still alive and well. I could not have stated the previous 2 post better meyself.

verbs
09-07-06, 12:26 AM

Sick03L gave a better answer than you have by far in this thread; you just proved that the number of posts you have doesn't make you any better or smarter than anyone else.

I wouldn't put DRs on the V either, it's common sense....unless you're ready to start breaking drivetrain parts and are OK with it.