: Catera A/C

'01CateraSport
09-05-06, 02:14 PM
I got an '01 Catera Sport, and the A/C doens't seem to blow that cold. I went all summer with it, but it doesnt seem to blow that cold even on full blast at 60 degrees. Anything i should check or is this just the way Catera's are? Anyone else think it's not very cold or am i just paranoid??? Thanks in advance for the help

AwfulSmokey
09-05-06, 11:59 PM
I would have the high side line checked. It's the line with the fitting used to fill it. They tend to leak after awhile. My 99 Catera had that problem.

guardian
09-06-06, 12:11 AM
Good news and less good news:

Your situation is well within your reach to diagnose. All you need is a common household thermometer. The Cat AC should blow a certain temp air under certain conditions. These would include conditions of ambient (outside) temperature and air volume movement (blower setting). You have to allow your AC system to reach equilibrium before you take your reading. If it were me, I would perform the test in a shaded area away from sunlight. Read the temperature of the air just as it leaves the vent, not the air within the car.

The less good news is I do not know the specs. If I did I would gladly pass them along. They should be in the manual. Failing that, if it were me, I would ask a Caddy dealer or two how cold the airstream should be at equilibrium. Then measure yours yourself with a thermometer.

This stuff is not rocket science. I just do not know the specs for the Cat AC system. Find 'em, run the test, and you will know where you stand.

If your vent temperature is not pulling down like it should, you might need a little Freon.

Good luck!:)

'01CateraSport
09-06-06, 02:32 PM
I will see what i can do. I might have to take it in and see what the Caddy dealer says. Thanks for the input.