: ***Road Course Drivers*** (VIR Oct October 14 & 15)

v-ape
09-05-06, 11:04 AM
Who: You, Me and CarGuys
What: On-Track Driving event
When: October 14th &15th
Where: VIRginia International Raceway (http://www.virclub.com)
Why: Need a place to run the V without worries of the man in blue
How Much: <$475 for 2 days <$275 for 1 day

One of my friends is the owner of a driving school, CarGuys, that has 2 sides. One side of the driving school teaches kids ~16-20 about threshold braking, as well as under and oversteer with a skid car.

The other side of the school is On-Track driving instruction. I spoke with the owner and he said he can probably get a group rate if enough people sign-up. If not, we're stuck with the rates above. I've been to 5 CarGuys events and they offer a lot of track time. You can expect 4 30min sessions per day along with classroom instruction. Please reply if youre interested. This is the perfect track for our cars. Shennandoah is for Miatas.
You can hit >100mph 3 times on this track.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/VA/images/vir.gif

carpecervisi
09-05-06, 02:04 PM
This sounds pretty kick ass. I'm definitely interested and close enough to make the trip (Frederick, MD). Feel free to hit me up with any updates and additional info as it comes.
chad.bigler@gmail.com

-chad

v-ape
09-05-06, 02:39 PM
Here is a gallery from past events.
:::GALLERY::: Virginia International Raceway (http://www.carguys.com/gallery/vir_gallery.htm)

Also, they usually run 4 groups:
Red=Instructor (pass anywhere)
White=Advanced (point-by required)
Yellow=Intermediate (point-by required)
Green=Beginner (point-by required)

Whenthe track starts getting empty late on the last day (people heading home), sometimes there's a "free-for-all" which is a lot of fun. The goal is to keep the cars drivable and avoid accidents.

trukk
09-05-06, 05:17 PM
Hmmm.

I need to check my schedule. VIR was a LOT of fun the only time I've gone.

Any DC area people should DEFINATELY consider this. The weather will be perfect, and it is amazing how much fun it is.

Would it be possible to run with an instructor in car? I've only done one HPDE, and would certainly benefit from having one.

Thanks,

Chris

v-ape
09-05-06, 05:45 PM
Hmmm.

I need to check my schedule. VIR was a LOT of fun the only time I've gone.

Any DC area people should DEFINATELY consider this. The weather will be perfect, and it is amazing how much fun it is.

Would it be possible to run with an instructor in car? I've only done one HPDE, and would certainly benefit from having one.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, initially everyone runs with an instructor, unless they know you and you want to run solo. After a session an instructor can solo you if they are confident in your driving and ability to be safe on the track. You do not have to be soloed, you can stick with your instructor the whole time if you like, you're paying for him :)

Riding with instructors is fun too. If you're new to road course driving, it can be a real learning experience seeing how fast/smooth a good driver is. I like to hang out and get rides with instructors in nice cars ;) Although this was in my miata days.. I suspect a lot of you have those "nice" cars.

Oh yea, here is the site = = Welcome to Car Guys = = (http://www.carguys.com) go there for info, but wait to register, I may be able to get us cheaper rates.

1QUICKV
09-05-06, 08:46 PM
does anyone off the top of there head know the address of this event?:stirpot:

v-ape
09-05-06, 08:56 PM
does anyone off the top of there head know the address of this event?:stirpot:

Searching through virclub.com....

Their mapquest links to this:
4180 Pointer Rd
Alton, VA 24520-3518, US

v-ape
09-12-06, 12:04 PM
bump...

so far there are a couple people interested, I think if I can get a couple more people to come I can try and get a group rate for us. I will be meeting with Aryan (CarGuys owner) in a couple weeks at a "Decisive Driving School" (for inexperienced drivers) and will talk about it with him.