: 300 hp northstar in a deville

sscapricewagon
09-04-06, 09:36 PM
I'm replacing the engine in my 97 deville but the one thing i noticed was that there were two different engine vin codes (y) & (9). The vin (y) from my understanding is the standard horsepower and the number (9) vin has the 300hp camshafts ,can i use the 300 hp (9) vin in a deville with a (y) vin code ecm will i have to up grade the injectors and fuel pump? when i checked parts code both engines use same injectors so what would upgrade injectors be 24lbs or 28lbs any help would be greatful,does anyone knows how makes a hi-flow water pump for the northstar:stirpot:

GreenMachine
09-04-06, 11:27 PM
The final drives are differant, other than that I don't know if the swap can be done, I suppose it could.

The stock waterpump is pretty hi flow from my understanding and is unlike other waterpumps out there.

zonie77
09-05-06, 12:42 AM
The 300hp has very little bottom end torque. It's not recommended unless you change the differential gears and the pcm to match. You will be VERY disappointed.

Injectors and fuel pump are the same.

codewize
09-05-06, 01:09 AM
Yeah but when that thing hits 3k, hang on.

CadiJeff
09-05-06, 02:33 AM
I think the old guru said that it was possible and should work alright. The inverse of this swap is not so easy

zonie77
09-05-06, 02:09 PM
I think the old guru said that it was possible and should work alright. The inverse of this swap is not so easy

Actually that would be the better one if you drive in town. Bottom end torque and lower gearing.

Someone did it about two months ago and was real happy but hasn't posted back and I did not save the thread. They posted shortly after they got it running and had no problems. I'd like to see how it is after a couple months to get used to it.