: Any Word On After-Market Differentials?

lawfive
09-04-06, 08:23 PM
Sorry, been off the air for months and search isn't being my friend. Anything from our friends the Aussies or Canucks, or anyone else for that matter?

Chef
09-04-06, 08:27 PM
:werd:

04CTSVFLA
09-04-06, 09:08 PM
goto ls1tech.com MADMAN finished parkers V, they mention dumping the clutch at 4k with no wheelhop!!!!!!! HOLY $ hit

wildwhl
09-04-06, 09:11 PM
Actually, I've read clutch dumps at 6K RPM without obliterating the driveshaft, halfshafts, or rear now.

Wonder what will break first?

Really tough to hook up with sidesteps like that I'd imagine.

WW

lasstss
09-04-06, 10:41 PM
Why would any sane person side step a clutch?? Especially on a $50K car. Havent figured that one out yet...:alchi:

Kurt at diff techniques tells me that they are still working on it but wont give me a date... It does seem that Madman did find out how difficult this is to integrate. Diff tech was already working on their own axles with velocity joints.

Florian
09-04-06, 11:14 PM
yummmy! Cant wait for MM to announce pricing and the Aussies to bring their offering to the table.

F

VELOSE
09-05-06, 12:31 AM
I don't need a rearend yet but, if one is needed soon, Madman might be the solution. Then I can consider a cam, roller rockers, and a tune. ;)

wildwhl
09-05-06, 01:55 AM
lasstss -

I agree entirely.

WW

DiffTechnics
09-05-06, 02:59 AM
Sorry Guys been a while since I last checked in here.........

The first casting has been done and its getting machined there is only a couple of pieces left till we have a completed product!

Believe me we have gone too far to just drop it......it WILL be done..:thumbsup:

Its been a busy year so its hard to put a date on it.

Here's a couple of teaser pics...... it is a Raw casting

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23009&stc=1&d=1157438770

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23010&stc=1&d=1157438770

Regards, Kurt

Sick03L
09-05-06, 07:41 AM

The first casting has been done and its getting machined there is only a couple of pieces left till we have a completed product!

Believe me we have gone too far to just drop it......it WILL be done..

Regards, Kurt Is that a HSV Monaro (sp) outside the window?

Florian
09-05-06, 10:22 AM

Believe me we have gone too far to just drop it......it WILL be done..:thumbsup:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23009&stc=1&d=1157438770

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23010&stc=1&d=1157438770

Regards, Kurt

Well done, Gents! Carry on. Im now in the "in need" club since my modding. So, please, Kurt...help a fella out.

F

madman69
09-05-06, 10:55 AM
Parker has his car back. I was dumping the clutch at 6000 to try to destroy my product. I wanted it to be as bullet proof as possible. The next one is going into a 600 rwhp CTSV.

CIWS
09-05-06, 11:46 AM
I wanted it to be as bullet proof as possible. The next one is going into a 600 rwhp CTSV.

If you'd like I can drive down and shoot at it with my .308 :D

Thanks for the update, and the work Madman. Please keep us informed as you continue to get data/info.
:thumbsup:

Florian
09-05-06, 02:33 PM
Parker has his car back. I was dumping the clutch at 6000 to try to destroy my product. I wanted it to be as bullet proof as possible. The next one is going into a 600 rwhp CTSV.

Pricing/delivery?

advise

F

madman69
09-05-06, 02:44 PM
We are working on pricing now. The kit will come with new driveshaft, subframe connectors, axles and complete 9" centersection with gear and posi of your choice. This kit isnt for the diy in your garage. It will have to be installed by a reputable shop. Welding will be required.

CIWS
09-05-06, 03:17 PM
Does anyone happen to be shooting any video of the high rpm drops or any of the testing that's been done ?

atdeneve
09-06-06, 08:00 AM
Does anyone happen to be shooting any video of the high rpm drops or any of the testing that's been done?

Ahah! We've got a sharp one here! Good eye, good eye! We have caught sight of an overlooked, yet equally important question. So, how bout it? While you guys are crunching numbers to arrive at an equitably reasonable price (heh-heh), can y'all take a video of that 6K side-step? For all of us that would love to try that dance with the devil, but just don't have the balls to do so (well, at least not in our cars), purty please?:lildevil:

lawfive
09-10-06, 12:14 PM
This all sounds pretty GD good to me.

I have $100 invested in the DiffTech effort so I'm hoping they finish that up soon. But madman seems to be kicking ass on his own. Sounds like MM is winning the race from at least a time perspective and is about done, but I'll most likely adopt my usual approach and wait it out until other guys with $$ and balls try a diff from the Great White North and one from Down Under, and then report back to us with a comparo.

Then when the lions leave the kill, I'll pounce like the hyena I am!!

Lessee... The Challenger comes out in late 2008. If the V diffs are done in early 2007, I could maybe have one in by summer, play around for a while, then get the 408 or 427 stroker, play around for a while, then look at FI again or maybe gas...

I should be done installing all the really expensive mods just in time to sell!! :eek:

mikeith
09-28-06, 05:19 PM
im new to owning a cts-v and i have a habit of drivin pretty hard but i AM mechanically inclined and can weld and have no problem with doin so... madmad or kurt will one of you guys please pm me since i dont have "50 posts"! this whole rear end issue is my BIGGEST concern because i want to be able to DRIVE my car w/o thrashing my rear end... i wanna be able to just DUMP my clutch if i want and hell after all i've heard about the stock rearend im scared to do it! i seriously dont mind hearin it whine i JUST want it to hold up to hot roddin around here and there!

RobertCTS
09-29-06, 06:46 AM
Has gear ratios been a topic yet or will it only be the OEM ratio? A 4:11 would be cool.:D

Florian
09-29-06, 12:01 PM
Has gear ratios been a topic yet or will it only be the OEM ratio? A 4:11 would be cool.:D

4.11 would be difficult with the V. The stock ratio 3.84(?) has you rowing thru 1st in no time, a 4.11 would make it almost worthless, unless you plan on 1/4 mile-ing your car frequently.

F

Luna.
09-29-06, 01:55 PM
I would definitely want to stay with 3.73 stock ratio. It's a really good street ratio.

spdracer77
09-30-06, 10:33 PM
We are working on pricing now. The kit will come with new driveshaft, subframe connectors, axles and complete 9" centersection with gear and posi of your choice. This kit isnt for the diy in your garage. It will have to be installed by a reputable shop. Welding will be required.
Let us know. I'll be one of the first one to order the kit.