: NASA Track day at Moroso.(review).

V-Love
09-04-06, 12:38 PM
The review is 5 stars. Join NASA. Learn to drive your car for real. Its SO good that I didn't even want to tell you guys. BUT....this forum has been so good providing me with information I must give back. Join this club. I think they are all over the country. National Auto Sports Association(510-232-NASA) was cheap for an annual membership(like $40). The high performance driving event was less than $300.00 for the day. It included a quick classroom session. Then I was provided with an instructor. My instuctor was Ron Van Epps. I have to hype the man. I could not have recieved a better instructor. He knew what to say and do to correct my mistakes while keeping me relaxed. He was awesome. I had three driving sessions and a parade lap session. The first session my instructor drove a few laps than handed over to me. I got one lap untill a Skyline messed up and the session was cut short. Then the noon parade laps. They put a real driver up front and he sets the pace. No helmets. The guy keeps a nice line and you could really learn a thing or two from following. However, the third car(a mustang) kept screwing it up by slowing down and trying to drive his own line. I was right behind the guy. 12:50 was session two. I drove the whole time and it was sick. I took two wheels off coming around the back straight but recovered easily. Session three at 2:40. Each session is many laps. Like 30 minutes of driving. My brakes were getting a little mushy by the end of the day. I know what my first mod will now be. Better fluid, pads, and rotors. The brakes did impress my instructor though.
This was my first time. I am hooked. I will be at all events from now on. Great people. Everyone was friendly. What you get for the money is unreal. You can finally come screaming out of the corner with no worries of darting children, old ladies with grocerybags, cars pulling out, pigs in the road, or cops. They have flag people at the corners. Tow truck if you need it. Put it this way... my instructor should have been $300.00. He provided me with personal debriefings after each run. He was there all day to talk to. Plus, he was a cool person. CSP3000 was there representing Silver. He is also a real nice person. He seems hooked as well. He even got a ride in a porche that could hit 170+ on the straight. A full-on race car. I was making a little over 120 on the same straight. SICK!!!
Well the secret is out. Here on the internet for all to see. Go get it. Its the real deal.

csp3000
09-04-06, 01:44 PM
If thats not the truth then I dont know what it! Ya beat me to the punch V-Love...lol I was just going to post:) But it all true it was awesome I am going to reg for Sebring this week and I think I am going to do it for the two days:thumbsup: But like V-love said I am going to work on my brakes. Racing pads, steel braided lines and some really great brake fluid.:thumbsup: I also want to give a shout out to my instructor Dale C. Rossman he really helped me through plus that wicked ride in his slantnose Porsche race car that hit 182mph on the straights:bouncy: I, like V-love stayed in the 120's.:) Here are pic's of me and V-love at the event I will have more soon. I'm silver:thumbsup:

VELOSE
09-05-06, 12:09 AM
All I've done is stainless steel lines. I've kept the stock brake fluid. Since I only go to the track 3 times a year, I flush it at the end of the year. As for pads, I find the stock ones to do very well. Work on your line and driving skill before dumping more money on mods. I do recommend the SS lines though and brake fluid if you want to go that route. Other than that, refine your driving on the track. Once you feel your lines are good and car control is at its full potential, it's time for upgrades.

Either way, good to hear fellow V owners are taking it to the track. ;)

guyspat
09-05-06, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time. The V is a laugh at the track and I love the people who come at the end of the session and say to you damn that car is fast.

v-ape
09-06-06, 09:29 AM
What do you guys recommend bringing to the track for the V? I'm planning on going to VIR in a month or so.

I usually bring an extra set of pads, a race jack, some extra brake fluid, extra oil, painters tape and a basic tool set. Anything else you'd recommend?

csp3000
09-06-06, 10:31 AM
What do you guys recommend bringing to the track for the V? I'm planning on going to VIR in a month or so.

I usually bring an extra set of pads, a race jack, some extra brake fluid, extra oil, painters tape and a basic tool set. Anything else you'd recommend?

A heavy right foot and really clean rearview mirror so you can at least see who was there that day!:D

lunarx
09-06-06, 10:41 AM

In addition to what you said above, I also bring:
Tire Guage, 1/2" Drive Torque Wrench, 1/2" Drive Breaker Bar, Glass Cleaner, Meguiars Heavy Duty Car Cleaner, Rags, Brake Bleed Hose, Flare Nut Wrench, Wheel Chocks, Wire Ties, Flash Light & of course a Helmet & Camera. :thumbsup:

Seattle CTS-V
09-06-06, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you two both have the bug! It's awesome. I'm back out on Sept 25 here in WA. I'm still running stock brake lines, pads, calipers and fluid. I haven't really noticed any fade out on the track at all...and I get up to about 140 on the front straight (there's plenty of room to go faster but I get kinda scared).

Anybody know how I can purchase or make a little trailer to tow behind my V? Can you also recommend a hitch? I hate driving the 60+ miles to the track in my Hoosier slicks. I can just count the $$ being left on the highway.