: Another V traded but not the V's fault

99m3
09-04-06, 01:34 AM
I traded my V for a Honda Accord sedan. I guess you would say due to life changes. I moved even further from my office and I just couldn't handle the idea of stacking more yearly miles on the V. I never had any issues with the V that were not immediatley handled by my local dealer. In fact they just replaced my radio in like 1 day. Never have I heard one word about my mods, the tech there must be a enthusist like us because when he saw the car with my Ground Controls he gave a compliment.
I do have one thought. Do you think we as V owners could have impacted the market as it relates to ours cars? Based on the production numbers I do not understand why the market fell out on our cars. I know that the manaufactures did not do us any favors with the discounts and low or no interest but if we did not sell are cars so low wouldn't the market also compensate with a higher resale?
By the way I traded ,my exhaust and I will be selling my Ground Control, CCW's and Autovation pedals that were never used. I'm going to miss my V and the great forum.

CVP33
09-04-06, 01:44 AM
I traded my V for a Honda Accord sedan. I guess you would say due to life changes. I moved even further from my office and I just couldn't handle the idea of stacking more yearly miles on the V. I never had any issues with the V that were not immediatley handled by my local dealer. In fact they just replaced my radio in like 1 day. Never have I heard one word about my mods, the tech there must be a enthusist like us because when he saw the car with my Ground Controls he gave a compliment.
I do have one thought. Do you think we as V owners could have impacted the market as it relates to ours cars? Based on the production numbers I do not understand why the market fell out on our cars. I know that the manaufactures did not do us any favors with the discounts and low or no interest but if we did not sell are cars so low wouldn't the market also compensate with a higher resale?
By the way I traded ,my exhaust and I will be selling my Ground Control, CCW's and Autovation pedals that were never used. I'm going to miss my V and the great forum.

Don't blame yourself for the resale market of your car. Blame GM. When new V's can be had for $40K, you'd be hard pressed to get above $35K for an '05/'06 with low miles. It's no different for the SRT-8's. Imagine paying $46K for a 300C SRT-8, only to find employee pricing and 0% interest driving the price of admission down to $39K, just 6 months after you purchasesd yours. If I was looking to trade mine, I'd be pissed. But mine isn't going anywhere. This is the best vehicle I've EVER owned.

99m3
09-04-06, 01:46 AM
Ouch, I didn't know about the SRT's and you make good points of which the best was that you're keeping you V.

CVP33
09-04-06, 01:52 AM
Ouch, I didn't know about the SRT's and you make good points of which the best was that you're keeping you V.

I think you're confused. I sold both my V's (2004 and 2005) after the dealer's service centers accused me of abusive driving and threathened to void my warranty. I don't think I'll be driving a Cadillac anytime soon. I still love the look of the car, but the actual ownership experience was akin to a colonoscopy. Invasive, uncomfortable and unrewarding. Other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? :highfive:

Flyboy
09-04-06, 12:19 PM
But mine isn't going anywhere. This is the best vehicle I've EVER owned.

:confused:

Ishminder
09-04-06, 02:29 PM
Sucks to hear you traded it in. I'd be interested in the pedals. If you still have them, please e-mail me at Ishminder@aol.com
Thanks

Ishminder
09-04-06, 02:29 PM
Sucks to hear you traded it in. I'd be interested in the pedals. If you still have them, please e-mail me at Ishminder@aol.com
Thanks

Ishminder
09-04-06, 02:30 PM
Ummm..I think my computer is messed up or something. Can the moderators please keep only one of the posts above. Sorry and Thanks.

04CTSVFLA
09-04-06, 03:19 PM
dibs on gc if price is right. also whats ur asking price for the rims?

Staxxin
09-04-06, 05:46 PM
PM sent

lunarx
09-04-06, 09:52 PM
I'm also interested in the wheels.
How much?
Have pics?

email me (cadillacowners@eluna.info)

lunarx
09-05-06, 03:43 AM
.... When new V's can be had for $40K, .......
New V for 40K?
Please tell me how.

99m3
09-05-06, 02:22 PM
My apology for the delay in responding but we have been moving all weekend. I'll post pictures of the wheels by Sunday and I'll have to find the pedals in one of the boxes.
Do you think $2500 for the wheels and tires is a fair price. I think I paid about $5500 for everything..

rand49er
09-05-06, 05:28 PM
I'd trade mine in, but it'd have to be around $45k. Since that'll happen when pigs fly, I think I'll just have to keep it. :)

Staxxin
09-07-06, 09:31 PM
bump...

Is the GC kit still available? (see PM sent a few days ago)

99m3
09-11-06, 11:24 PM
Hey guys,
My apology, I traded the V and moved in the same weekend and had no time since then. But the shop that sold me the wheels purchased them from me for another V and we did not get the GC kit off before trading the car due to time constraints. Again my apology for the delay in responding and thanks for the interest.