: No Competion Mode; No "Everything Off" Mode

lawfive
09-03-06, 09:17 PM
Tires are fine; T/C Off works fine. The symptomology is the same as when you get your radio/nav replaced and they forget to teach it that it's in a CTS-V.

I haven't tried either mode since installing the Radios & More Caddipod iPod interface, so I'm guessing it may be related to this mod. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

nxlr8
09-04-06, 12:27 AM
Are all your TPS working? That's what messed with mine... bought the car used... didn't know what you guys were talking about with this "competitive mode"... one of my TPS was dead... car won't even let you do engage that mode unless you're on 4 "good" tires per the computer...

ctsvett
09-04-06, 01:18 AM
competition mode works for me with the caddipod...

For shits and giggles, try the button in the glove box.

Reed

CVP33
09-04-06, 01:28 AM
My NAV system replacement is the only thing that caused these kinds of symptoms with my V. Easy fix, but another annoying trip to the dealer.

1fstkde
09-04-06, 01:37 AM
i had the problem right after i changed my peeling radio button syndrom...havent been back to the dealer because it still turnes the traction off if i press it twice..just doesnt tell you on the radio display.

wildwhl
09-04-06, 03:37 PM
I have the R&M kit and all modes work fine for me.

No CEL? TPS are OK - for sure (one tire not too low or high?)?

Glove box? Guess you could buy a Hemi and not have that mode at all :stirpot:

WW

CVP33
09-04-06, 06:01 PM
I have the R&M kit and all modes work fine for me.

No CEL? TPS are OK - for sure (one tire not too low or high?)?

Glove box? Guess you could buy a Hemi and not have that mode at all :stirpot:

WW

Stability control system in the SRT-8's(ESP) is very similar to the V's. All the same modes. The nanny that won't go away unless you pull a fuse at the track is brake assist. And yes, that does suck when you're trying to hustle it at above the 95% mark.

lawfive
09-04-06, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys. I just went out to try the glove box button and discovered that the steering wheel button is working again. :hmm: Dunno why it wasn't yesterday.

Hey, this is just like when you take a car in to the dealer. "Dammit... I SWEAR it was doing it just before I pulled in..."

lawfive
09-04-06, 08:16 PM
By the way Chris: I'm probably gonna join you on the dark side in 2008 when the Challenger hits production. :bouncy: Or maybe wait for 2009, just in case they decide to put that 6.4 liter race Hemi in.

wildwhl
09-04-06, 08:24 PM
law - don't do it :nono:

Do you haul kids? Picture the horror on their faces when their friends start laughing at them :stirpot:

WW

Chef
09-04-06, 08:33 PM

Do you haul kids? Picture the horror on their faces when their friends start laughing at them :stirpot:

WW

Curly Bill done did it again! Stop making me laugh!

lawfive
09-04-06, 08:36 PM

WW

:rant2:

Bastard!! Don't be dissin da Challenger! I'm gonna come up there and...

Oh, the hell with it. I really don't want to go to Reno. :helpless:

wildwhl
09-04-06, 09:08 PM
I just can't help myself sometimes with easy targets ;)

The Challenger will be yet another cool choice for HP fanatics like us. Gotta love being alive with a driver's license and a paycheck or two right now :thumbsup:

WW

CVP33
09-04-06, 09:20 PM
By the way Chris: I'm probably gonna join you on the dark side in 2008 when the Challenger hits production. :bouncy: Or maybe wait for 2009, just in case they decide to put that 6.4 liter race Hemi in.

I'll be very surprised if the Challenger stays at the current 425hp rating. I'm guessing a 450 rating with the 6.1L (easy with revised head/cam) or a beastly 500 with the 6.4L.

Barak
09-05-06, 05:25 PM
The symptomology is the same as when you get your radio/nav replaced and they forget to teach it that it's in a CTS-V.

What does happen exactly after the nav is replaced without being taught it's in a V?

Luna.
09-09-06, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys. I just went out to try the glove box button and discovered that the steering wheel button is working again. :hmm: Dunno why it wasn't yesterday.

Hey, this is just like when you take a car in to the dealer. "Dammit... I SWEAR it was doing it just before I pulled in..."

The EXACT same thing happened to me--and it was fixed the next day... :confused: :confused: :confused: Anyone know what causes this?

lawfive
09-10-06, 11:48 AM
Barak,

The radio/nav thinks it's in a CTS with steering wheel audio controls. The 'one push' traction off works, but the 'two push' Comp mode does not work, and the 'long push' system off does not work.

A mechanic (or you) with a TechII programmer can fix this in a jiff. Problem is, not all dealer mechanics know or remember to do this after a nav replacement. This happened to me back when I got my nav replaced, and required another trip to the dealer to get it fixed. :bigroll:

This time around, it was a different story. The symptoms appeared spontaneously, and disappeared just as spontaneously. Sort of like erectile dysfunction. At least, what Wildwhl has TOLD me about erectile dysfunction.

Jerry