: Super secret LS6 project motor pix....

Florian
09-03-06, 04:43 PM
Heres the pix from the motor build. Basically a tweaked LS6 w/s.s. cam/headers/Fast90/LS2 TB/SW headers. Clutch is being a whore, so its taking a bit longer than expected, but dyno numbers will be posted upon completion.

Enjoy

Photos are here: Gallery (http://www.uberformance.com/photos)
go to "CTSV Project"

F

lawfive
09-03-06, 04:51 PM
Nifty! Also cool that you could show us so many pix and still keep it 'super secret'. That takes skill, dude.

Florian
09-03-06, 08:54 PM
Nifty! Also cool that you could show us so many pix and still keep it 'super secret'. That takes skill, dude.

Maybe I should reclassify to: kinda secret...

F

rand49er
09-04-06, 07:05 AM
Can hardly wait to see your dyno results! :thumbsup:

With 60k on engine, are you doing any cylinder honing, part replacement (other than upgraded ones), or other rebuild-type effort?

CVP33
09-04-06, 07:27 AM

If anyone could do it, it's F! Who's doing the work? What are you shooting for with regard to rwhp?

Florian
09-04-06, 12:07 PM
Can hardly wait to see your dyno results!

With 60k on engine, are you doing any cylinder honing, part replacement (other than upgraded ones), or other rebuild-type effort?

My V is mostly highway miles....builder said engine looked fantastic. No honing reqd. I did upgrade the rocker rollers (see pix) but other than that, nothing changed.

Work is being done by Uberformance Engineering in Detroit, they do mostly Euro cars (Current projects include BMW 740iL that will get a twin turbo LS2 for about 1000RWHP) and a twin turbo M3 that is scary fast. They have done specialty cars as well (Syclones with bigger blowers) Lots of Rotrex stuff....
Anyway, I suspect the V will be done by next weekend and Im not a number guy, but 425 RWHP would be just fine by me....any more than that is a bonus.

F

wildwhl
09-04-06, 01:32 PM
Nice. Wonder if I'll ever grow the grapes to yank the LS6 out of my V and do something insane like build a new motor for her :sneaky:

WW

CIWS
09-04-06, 02:09 PM
Nice. Wonder if I'll ever grow the grapes to yank the LS6 out of my V and do something insane like build a new motor for her :sneaky:

WW

If I do it will more than likely be post warranty. But that's in approx 6 years and for some reason I have to think in 5+ years there will be more powerful, better handling vehicles out drawing my attention. Unless I decide to keep the V and turn it into a project.

Silver Dollar
09-04-06, 02:24 PM
Florian, what's your budget?

wildwhl
09-04-06, 03:35 PM
CIWS - I hear you. Looking at 2008 and 2009 concept cars/spy shots is enough to make me just wait...but you never know. Wake up with a wild hair one day and away you go. A drive through mod-hell is a one way decent that one can rarely reverse (usually, that's a good thing).

WW

Florian
09-04-06, 05:38 PM
Florian, what's your budget?

under 4K

F