: Was "The Force" not with me yesterday ?

CIWS
09-03-06, 09:18 AM
I was driving back from a Patriot Guard mission in Oklahoma yesterday afternoon coming south on I 75 and the highway was fairly barren for a labor day weekend when I see what looks like a fat assed Mustang up ahead in the left lane. So I accelerate to close range to get a good look and sure enough it's the first 07 Shelby 500 I've seen on the road. So I run behind him in the left lane for about a 1/2 mile before he gets over into the right. I get up beside him and as he looks over I give him a chin up and quickly punch the V a couple of times, but he shakes his head no and gives a quick wave off. So I nod and go ahead and accelerate passed him, only running about 80mph and thinking DAMN.
So I move on down the road feeling kinda let down when about a mile or so ahead of the Mustang I see what looks like a Dodge Charger with a wing on the butt in the right lane. So I press it up a bit to close on it and when I get close enough to it I see the SRT8 logo on the butt. So I come up along side him kinda hanging on his side and when he glances over I give him a chin up and punch the V for a second and drop back beside him. He just gives a slight grin and shakes his head no. So again I nod and push the V back up to cruising speed.
As I go on passed down the highway I'm thinking DAMN IT! I had two different cars I've been wanting to run to compare the platforms and neither had the desire. It simply seemed The Force was not with me. :(
But as I get down the highway another mile I come up on a Highway Patrolman just pulling over a car on my side of the highway slowing down on the shoulder. Then approximately one mile more down the road I come upon another DPS officer with a car already pulled over. So perhaps The Force was with me/us after all... :)

Just passing on some Labor Day weekend driving adventures.

TXSilverV
09-03-06, 09:34 AM
We were at Ennis last night to see them film Pinks. On the way home same thing with me. We have a guy in a 300 SRT8 catch up to me in traffic only to wave and then cut three lanes over and exit. We also see an Evo, Srt4, and a mustang on the way home. Good thing we did not play since we also saw at least 8 cops with radar on the way home. Pinks was alot of fun though and we got to see some really cool cars.

CIWS
09-03-06, 09:37 AM
I really need to run down to Ennis for a race night and check it out.

TXSilverV
09-03-06, 09:44 AM
We may go back in a week or two. I just want to do one or two times down the strip to see what I can do. Thinking of putting some slicks on the back. If I break the rear I guess it will be going down to see madman now that he has a fix.

TXSilverV
09-03-06, 09:44 AM
We may go back in a week or two. I just want to do one or two times down the strip to see what I can do. Thinking of putting some slicks on the back. If I break the rear I guess it will be going down to see madman now that he has a fix.

CIWS
09-03-06, 09:51 AM

Do they have a website with a calender / listing of events ?

Edit- Found it :)

Texas Motorplex - Home of the NHRA O'Reilly Fall Nationals (http://www.texasmotorplex.com/index.php)

rand49er
09-03-06, 10:53 AM
Yes, sounds like the force WAS with you! Almost was the schwartz!

Chef
09-03-06, 11:18 AM
We were at Ennis last night to see them film Pinks. On the way home same thing with me. We have a guy in a 300 SRT8 catch up to me in traffic only to wave and then cut three lanes over and exit. We also see an Evo, Srt4, and a mustang on the way home. Good thing we did not play since we also saw at least 8 cops with radar on the way home. Pinks was alot of fun though and we got to see some really cool cars.

Good thing...Patrols are up everywhere due to the Holiday as well...Saw the Pinks gig here at Bondurant too...Sort of pumps you up to play:bouncy:

Chef

LV_V
09-03-06, 12:29 PM
Here in Vegas they have sobriety checkpoints setup!

CIWS
09-04-06, 08:01 AM
That's not a big suprise assuming the amount of drinking done there. ;)

That highway (I 75) is a route of a lot of drug traffic. They've made a couple of good sized Meth busts worth several million each over the last couple of weeks.

rbrown81
09-04-06, 08:19 PM
You guys allowed to use radar detectors down there?

CIWS
09-04-06, 08:38 PM
Yeah they're legal here. But the DPS is getting pretty smart with their equipment.

VELOSE
09-04-06, 11:41 PM
This weekend was not good for public road fun. I saw a replica Ford GT40 on the road. I wanted to play so bad but traffic and seeing the CHP's(California Highway Patrols) stinging speeders about 5 miles back really shrivelled my cajones from going past 70mph. All I could do was stare in admiration from a 3/4 rearview.