: Cornering Lights Missed

john d
09-03-06, 12:31 AM
I was really disappointed to see (or not) that the SRX doesn't have cornering lights.
Anyone know how they could be added now?

MortnCyn
09-03-06, 09:40 AM
Just turn the fog lights on.

Smokin' SRX
09-04-06, 11:27 AM
I was really disappointed to see (or not) that the SRX doesn't have cornering lights.
Anyone know how they could be added now?

Honestly, when I replace my "loaded" '04 N*, AWD, I will be looking for "turn signal mirrors", cornering lights, and power folding outside mirrors!!!!

My '03 GMC Yukon SLT (loaded!) has the "signal mirrors" AND "power folding mirrors"!! PLUS ..........and a glove box light, lights in panels of all 4 doors, !!!!!! (to illuminate walkway when enter/exit AND warn oncoming traffic that your door is open!!!) SRX......ZIP!!:confused:

These "little" things are why I paid $47k ($57K sticker!!) for this SUV! I will not buy it again if none of these are added! And yes, we do love the thing!!:crybaby:

donjumpsuit
09-05-06, 09:57 PM
I know, i can't figure out how they missed those little details they shoehorned into a re-grilled yukon, just to sell it for 10k extra.

Perhaps they missed adding those cause they were too busy .....

DESIGNING A SUV WITH A ROOF MADE OF ALL GLASS

my 2 cents

TSS
09-06-06, 07:05 AM
There is merit to the mirror turn signal argument for safety reasons.

However, I had the rest of the features in my Tahoe LT and it did not make that much difference to me. I also have never had a vehicle where cornering lights were truly helpful. My SRX is better in just about every single way than my top of the line loaded 47K Tahoe was (and I REALLY liked that vehicle too). There obviously have to be trade offs. If the SRX (or any vehicle) tried to be everything to everybody, it would cost more than I would be willing to spend. But again, turn signal mirrors, I am with you totally on that one.

MortnCyn
09-06-06, 12:55 PM
There is merit to the mirror turn signal argument for safety reasons................. But again, turn signal mirrors, I am with you totally on that one. I admit I could not believe the SRX did not have the turn signal in the mirrors and thought sure they would add them in '05. I know the mirror turn signal on my Expedition (1998) saved me when I failed to realize I was in the left lane of a double left turn lane. Just after the turn I signaled a right to go in a shopping center and the driver in the right lane saw the signal.

The fogs throw a lot of horizontal light and work real well at dark intersections.

mack1a
09-06-06, 10:28 PM
I bitched and bitched about my 2004 V8 2W drive SRX early on and decided that the more I wrote the worse it seemed so I quit making entries in the forum. They really did me in when they applied the fix that delayed Wide open throttle so that they didn't kave to fix the slop in the 4 wheel drive transfer cases. My 2 wheed drive didn't even need that but the suppossedly couldn't take it off and my 0 - 60 went down almost a second.

I finally got caught up with some things and made getting rid of the SRX a priority. I traded my 2004 SRX in on a 2006 White ightning DTS Performance Version (the real DTS) with Nav, Adaptive, Sun roof, Mag Suspension and everything else. The DTS does not use an idiot stick for CC and every body panel and every piece of trim is perfectly aligned. This obviously isn't a Lancing built vehicle.

The DTS is an American car with the gas gauge on the drivers side, folding mirrors, turn signals on the mirrors and AC seats. I don't get my pants leg wet, I have front and rear park assist, the CC is accurate and I could go on.

The SRX was sort of a boat story. You know... The second best day is the day you bought it, the best day is the day you sold it.

This is my 4th DTS and it is by far the best one of all. I liked the other 3 and only traded them because I liked the newer model better.

ryaus1
09-06-06, 11:58 PM
Cadillac has had cornering lights for such a long time. I don't know how far back, but I once had a 1973 CoupeDeVille, which had cornering lights (and many many extras and cool features). Anyway, what's surprising to me is that cornering lights are not wide spread in the automobile market - even after being around for more than a quarter century. Instead European cars have implemented headlights that move left or right depending on your driving speed and amount of steering. I personally find that more useful, although when it's pitch dark and you make a hard turn cornering lights are definitely better.

There are many cars which have more superior features compared to the SRX - somehow it doesn't bother me much. I think the SRX has enough unique characteristics that make the SRX enjoyable every time I drive the car.

TSS
09-07-06, 10:11 AM
There are many cars which have more superior features compared to the SRX - somehow it doesn't bother me much. I think the SRX has enough unique characteristics that make the SRX enjoyable every time I drive the car.

Agree. AWD, 3rd row, higher seating position, Ultraview, cargo carrying ability - I have said it before here, no vehicle will ever suit everybody. My SRX presently suits me well though. Many friends/family of mine have DTS', old versions and several with 2006s. Nice cars, but they don't meet my personal needs right now.