: my car got egged!!!!!!!

1fstkde
09-02-06, 01:23 PM
some low life punk is going around the neighborhood and egging peoples cars and finally got mine..anyhow i tried washing it off but its leaving a film behind..how can i get rid of that?? buff it out??? wax??? any suggestions would be great..guess whos going to be up late tonight for neighborhood watch??:want:

cadillacdrvr8692
09-02-06, 01:28 PM
I have no clue how to get it off and im pretty sure i would want to know how also just in case i ever have to do the same (hopefully not) but i think that is very sh*tty just ilke someone putting lettuce over my hood ornament...and then putting ketchup on the hood any way...that sucks

urbanski
09-02-06, 01:31 PM
i copied this to our detalining forum
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modification-body-wheels/83804-my-car-got-egged.html

keep an eye on it, turbo may give you some tips

1fstkde
09-02-06, 01:36 PM
i copied this to our detalining forum
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-detailing-appearance-modification-body-wheels/83804-my-car-got-egged.html

keep an eye on it, turbo may give you some tips
:worship: :thumbsup: ..thxs...

austin
09-02-06, 01:40 PM
Use a Mixture of a tablespoon or two of Baking soda in a paper cup of water. :)

1fstkde
09-02-06, 02:02 PM
Use a Mixture of a tablespoon or two of Baking soda in a paper cup of water. :)
just tried that..didnt work..

austin
09-02-06, 02:17 PM
Try again..... making it pastier, and let it sit on it for a while. Then hit it with a light compound, and then wax it up to a shine.

Flyboy
09-02-06, 02:21 PM
Fu$%kers!!!!!

Sick03L
09-02-06, 02:43 PM
That's crappy! Eggs will cause MAJOR damage if let go and sun bakes it on there. Not to mention the little scratches the shells cause.

csp3000
09-02-06, 03:22 PM
When you catch that little punk shoot him a big hello from all of us...:blasted:

CadiJeff
09-02-06, 03:26 PM
a few years ago in my old 88 seville I got egged from a moving car going the other direction while I was driving it took a 1x2in gash out of the paint all the way down to the metal, if it had been light out and I had seen the damage I would have chased them down and called the cops on them.

1fstkde
09-02-06, 03:37 PM
just found out from my ladys little 16 year old sis that the newest thing to do in los angeles is to get stoned on fridays and go out egging..what fckn losers!!!! ill show them what getting stoned is!!!:thepan:

urbanski
09-02-06, 03:51 PM
get a cheap car cover...to stop it next time...??

1QUICKV
09-02-06, 07:31 PM
If my car got egged i'd be pissed and i would find that kid. :want: i hate it when i park outside over nite. but the frist thing i'd do would be to wet sand it then compound it. You can wet sand it yourself, but anybody shop will do it for couple of dollars. if wet sanding does'it do the trick, then painting it will.:bouncy:

MrEr1c
09-02-06, 10:20 PM
before wet sanding, i would try a clay bar.

cadillacdrvr8692
09-02-06, 10:23 PM
When you catch that little punk shoot him a big hello from all of us...:blasted:
:want: 4sure:highfive:

Flyboy
09-03-06, 08:44 AM
before wet sanding, i would try a clay bar.
:yeah:

CIWS
09-03-06, 09:35 AM
From the Web.

Step 1: If possible, do not allow the egg to sit on the car for an extended period, especially in the sun. Every second counts. As soon as you discover the mess, begin steps to clean the vehicle.
Step 2: Using your hand, remove all traces of the egg shell from the car.
Step 3: Once pieces of the egg shell are removed, clean the egg and yolk from the car using a soft towel. It is important to remove all traces of the egg shell. This way, you avoid scratching the surface of the car.
Step 4: Create a mixture using 1 part water and 1 part vinegar.
Step 5: Soak a towel in the mixture, and place it on the egg stain. You may also spray the mixture onto the car using a spray bottle. Allow the towel to sit for at least 15 minutes.
Step 6: Remove the towel. Dry the area using a different towel.
Step 7: If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6.
-------------------------------------------------

1QUICKV
09-03-06, 10:19 PM
whats wrong with wet sanding it? its only clear coat you can always add some more. but just make sure you dont see metal or paint coming off while wet sanding. clay baring it wont fix the clear coat. the egg eat the clearcoat! how much? who knows. We will find out when you wet sand it ! just tring to help...:thumbsup:

P-Funk
09-05-06, 11:21 AM
guess whos going to be up late tonight for neighborhood watch??:want:

Did you ever find out who did it?

1fstkde
09-05-06, 01:10 PM
Did you ever find out who did it?
nope!! just have to wait till this friday!!!

Kadonny
09-05-06, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear about that dude.

I had bird crap on the side of my car for 4 hours in the baking son and it left a mark on the clear coat.

The Tony Show
09-05-06, 03:27 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I was driving yesterday and a car traveling the opposite direction kicked a chunk of wood up into my driver's door. :rant2:

Scratched the paint and left a golf ball sized dent at the veeeery back edge of the door, right where it's impossible for Dent Wizard to remove it. Now I have to decide to live with it, or get the door skin replaced and painted. :want:

I feel your pain.

Vendetta-V-
09-05-06, 09:58 PM
Dude, that really sucks! Hopefully you have a garage to put her in so it doesn't happen again after you get this fixed.