: Successful Bluetooth Pairing (Cingular 8125)

Wolfbane
09-02-06, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

I have been struggling :bighead: to get my cingular 8125 to pair with the STS for a while now. They both see each other but would fail recognizing the pass code. I finally figured out it was a problem with the pass code on the STS so I just reset the pass code to 99999999. Worked like a charm.

This should work for the Verizon version or any MS mobile 5.0 based phone I should think.

Hope this helps,

:cheers:

ascariSTS
09-04-06, 01:36 AM
REALLY ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U know what... I used to have an i-mate JASJAR (a.k.a. O2 Exec )... I sold it coz I couldn't connect it to STS bluetooth... same thing, they see each other but fail in the passcode step...

I have a sony ericsson now but i'm not satisfied at all, pocket pc is something else... so, I was planning to buy a pocket pc again and forget about that bluetooth feature... but you just came in time lol

Now i'm buying it back with confident... thanks a lot man... that really helps....

enjoy ur STS...

jmf9033
09-05-06, 04:14 PM
I have the 8125 from Cingular with an 06 STS, paired with no problem using the default 12345 passcode.

I would have never realized the advantages of the bluetooth without having seen it in action. I though of it as a novelty prior to purchasing the STS, it is now on my list of must haves for all future cars.

ascariSTS
09-06-06, 01:03 AM
I have the 8125 from Cingular with an 06 STS, paired with no problem using the default 12345 passcode.

I would have never realized the advantages of the bluetooth without having seen it in action. I though of it as a novelty prior to purchasing the STS, it is now on my list of must haves for all future cars.

then maybe the problem is with the four-digit passcode... coz the default code is 1234 i think... haven't tried it yet...

i'll let you know

AllWheelEric
09-06-06, 09:47 AM
I have a Samsung i730 which runs Windows Mobile 5 and I paired it using the default passcode 1234. It took a couple tries but eventually worked.

(this note is being posted from the i730)

Cadillacboy
09-06-06, 10:41 AM
I paired both N91 and 6680 but the problem is people I talk on the phone say they can hardly hear me but I can hear them greatly .I asked that problem and response was that it was common with all other bluetooth devices
I almost forgot pass code was 1234 (Nokia Clark Bluetooth )

jmf9033
09-07-06, 03:17 PM
Oops, I got so excited that I could count to 5 that I put 12345 instead of 1234.

1234 is the passcode I used, not 12345 sorry for the confusion there.

ascariSTS
09-08-06, 11:40 PM
I tried it...

i couldn't connect it when the passcode was 1111 (that's my default)

but when i changed it to 99999999 it worked :)

ewill3rd
09-16-06, 06:33 AM
Not to hijack your topic but... I have a customer that is using a verizon motorla phone, not sure what model. It looks pretty old and she said at the time it was the only bluetooth phone Verizon had to offer. I think she said it was a year and a half old.
She's been having problems with the car recognizing the phone automatically, I tried to help her the other day and set the phone as the default bluetooth device from the radio control head and told her to try it for a few days to see if she had to manually connect them or if it would work. I couldn't find a way to set the car as the default hands free in the phone. The menus are slightly different than my V3.

My questions to you STS owners with bluetooth phones would be:

What phone models are you using and do they automatically connect to the vehicle without any intervention from you?
She is a real estate agent and she pretty much bought the car just because of this feature so I want to do all I can to get it working properly for her.
It might be working fine for all I know, I haven't heard back from her yet.

05stslvr
09-16-06, 10:35 AM
Have had no problems pairing the 8125(mine or my wifes) to my 05 STS. Just the annoying radio when i am trying to talk but I found out if you mute the radio with the button on the steering wheel you can talk just fine and when your done un-mute it.

jmauceri
09-16-06, 11:39 AM
Not to hijack your topic but... I have a customer that is using a verizon motorla phone, not sure what model. It looks pretty old and she said at the time it was the only bluetooth phone Verizon had to offer. I think she said it was a year and a half old.
She's been having problems with the car recognizing the phone automatically, I tried to help her the other day and set the phone as the default bluetooth device from the radio control head and told her to try it for a few days to see if she had to manually connect them or if it would work. I couldn't find a way to set the car as the default hands free in the phone. The menus are slightly different than my V3.

My questions to you STS owners with bluetooth phones would be:

What phone models are you using and do they automatically connect to the vehicle without any intervention from you?
She is a real estate agent and she pretty much bought the car just because of this feature so I want to do all I can to get it working properly for her.
It might be working fine for all I know, I haven't heard back from her yet.

If the phone was not previously set up as the default in the car that's the reason it didn't connect automatically, so she should be fine now. There's no need (or way) to set the car as the default on the phone.

The phone you're describing sound like the Motorola V710.

ewill3rd
09-16-06, 03:16 PM
It did look like that V710.
I hope she calls me back next week and gives me some good news.
Thanks.

fgaz
09-17-06, 09:40 AM
to ascarists....i tried yesterday for 2 hours at local cingular store pair up the cing.8125...no luck...always recognized...always connection failure...!!!!! I know how to change passcode on the car.....do i need to change passcode on phone also...can it be done ...how did you come up with the 99999999 code....i will go back out and try...any input for me would be greatly appreciated...thanks ..iam going to go out today...take care,,fred...

ascariSTS
09-21-06, 04:54 AM
It did look like that V710.
I hope she calls me back next week and gives me some good news.
Thanks.

You don't have to do anything in the phone menu... u just have to turn the bluetooth on all the time... the car menu is where you have to set the motorola phone as the default one... and that's it ... automatic connection...

that's if i understood it correctly...