: Interior of new STS's restyling needed.

robert
09-02-06, 08:28 AM
Dr Design, You have a fabulous job on the exterior of the STS's, how about the interior of the STS's, what have you done to the interior, if any ? In my opinion the interior needs more wood, chrome, etc to ad to this luxurious car.

Wiseguy2
09-02-06, 02:39 PM
I think the biggest letdown on the interior are the typical atrocious plastics that GM uses on some parts. The tops of the door panels look like Tupperware made them, the dash looks cheap and a few other small pieces look lousy.

Fix that and it's closing on perfection.

macklobell
09-03-06, 09:58 PM
I think the biggest problem is the Nuance leather...It is very stiff and the entire seating surface is not leather...It seems like some parts are made of vinyl...I have cashmere seats and the dye from my jeans is turning the seat blue...I assume this is not the case with the Tuscany leather...

Skibanker
09-04-06, 11:11 AM
I think the biggest problem is the Nuance leather...It is very stiff and the entire seating surface is not leather...It seems like some parts are made of vinyl...I have cashmere seats and the dye from my jeans is turning the seat blue...I assume this is not the case with the Tuscany leather...

I'm pretty sure that all the seats are leather on the top. The "nuance" part (read vinyl) is on the sides of the seat. Feel the difference between the top of the seat and the sides and you'll notice immediately. As to the blue dye rubbing off onto the leather, that happens with all leather seats.....couches too. With the Tuscany option, the entire seat is leather.

c5 rv
09-04-06, 07:15 PM
The "nuance" part (read vinyl) is on the sides of the seat.

I remember reading somewhere that nuance refers to the unique processing and aroma introduced into the leather.

Jesda
09-04-06, 08:50 PM
The materials are fine, but they need a more elegant texture and tighter assembly.