: help identifying parts and removing wire harness

denscor
09-02-06, 12:02 AM
I have a 1995 Seville STS on top of the throttle body is three vacuum ports ! The ports are cracked so I need a new one what is it called? (it comes out of the throttle body)My local dealership has no clue what it is! A Part number would be great also!! Ok I also need help finding out were to unhook the harness that goes into the fire wall to the computer so I can drop the motor? Tried the top nothing but airbag, bottom heater ducks,tried removing glove box took 4 screws out still will not come out! I'm lost!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger
09-02-06, 12:55 AM
Check the Tech Tips section for the parts list. It might be there.

zonie77
09-02-06, 01:19 AM
I think it's more than 4 screws. You have to disco the harness at the computer.

chance_b
09-05-06, 10:33 AM
Shouldn't be much of a difference between the '94 and '95, so here's what I had to do..

Under the hood, where the wiring passes through the firewall there are 2 small screws holding it in place. Remove those,

Inside car, passenger side.. under the glovebox was a plastic cover with 3 screws I had to remove, also with a small harness on the other side for a light - take screws out, unhook harness.

The computer was located up in a hard to see area under the dash, mounted against the firewall. I had to pull back the carpet a bit to access it all (and had to pop out some trim to pull back the carpet). Once under, the wiring divided up to about 5 or so harnesses, about 3 going to the computer and the others going to another unit. There was also a vacuum line amidst it all. I unhooked everything (it's already color coded I think so no worries).

Between underdash and underhood, feed/pull the wiring out through the firewall, making sure not to snag the harnesses on anything.

Hope this helped!

JimLucky
09-07-06, 01:23 AM
I know the vacume line part you are talking about on the throttle body mine was cracked also.The parts department had to show a digital picture I took of the vacume line harnes and pass it around to the mechs at the dealership.I had to order the whole harnes to get the part I needed and it also came with the Map sensor installed in the harnes its well worth geting the whole harnes.

Hold on and I find the #

OK Keep in mind this part # was for a 93 eldo N* vin 9

Description: Harnes A, part #3535716

Price $95

denscor
09-07-06, 10:46 AM
thanks that is what i need!!

eldorado1
09-07-06, 02:14 PM
#3535716 is the part number for the whole engine wiring harness? Or just to the intake manifold? $95 seems too cheap...

I might have what you need... I'm not sure I understand though... The little rubber boot thing on top of the throttle body? Or is that something different?

JimLucky
09-07-06, 04:15 PM
The complete vacume harnes with rubber boot to top of throttle was $95 wich
included MAP sensor installed on the vacume harnes.

eldorado1
09-08-06, 06:46 AM
ahh, I see... Never heard of a "vacuum harness" before!

denscor
09-08-06, 07:01 AM
#3535716 is the part number for the whole engine wiring harness? Or just to the intake manifold? $95 seems too cheap...

I might have what you need... I'm not sure I understand though... The little rubber boot thing on top of the throttle body? Or is that something different?
Yes its the little rubber piece it has three ports in it with hoses attached to it on top of throttle body. let me know if you have this i will try to get pic today its off car as i'm dropping the motor.

eldorado1
09-08-06, 10:06 AM
just checked, and mine has a split on one of the ports too... I can take a pic if you want, it might be in better shape than your current one?

JimLucky
09-15-06, 12:32 PM
PICTURE

http://i5.tinypic.com/11w4huf.jpg