: Race day on Sunday

csp3000
09-01-06, 11:00 PM
I can't wait for Sunday this is my first offical race with my V at a track. I got my NASA license and I'm racing at Moroso this weekend on the 3rd for the HPDE:bouncy: Any else going from here? Hopefully I will see some other V's there.:thumbsup:

Dennisscars
09-01-06, 11:17 PM
You'll have a blast, :thumbsup: be sure to let us know how you do.

nikon
09-02-06, 12:52 AM
ya lemme know how it is...sorry I missed your call what 2 weeks ago?? been sick, been busy, you know...but anyways hope you have fun...I'll most likely be out on the water having some real fun ;) either way take pics and videos...im really interested.

calicadi
09-02-06, 01:41 AM
:banana: WooHoo! Go get 'em Tiger! Pics if possible. Stills from the outside are OK if you don't have an in-car rig. They usually have a photog making extra money hagning around those. It's worth it... add to your scrapbook.

Remember...

Slow in, fast out, not fast in, dead out!
Brake in a straight line unless deliberating trail braking.
Look ahead to the next corner and trust your hands to get you through the one your in.
Breath
Have fun!

csp3000
09-02-06, 12:14 PM
Does anybody know if i need to wear anything special or can I get away with jeans and a tee shirt? I bought a good helmet already but now I'm wondering about clothing?:confused:

csp3000
09-02-06, 12:17 PM
:banana: WooHoo! Go get 'em Tiger! Pics if possible. Stills from the outside are OK if you don't have an in-car rig. They usually have a photog making extra money hagning around those. It's worth it... add to your scrapbook.

Remember...

Slow in, fast out, not fast in, dead out!
Brake in a straight line unless deliberating trail braking.
Look ahead to the next corner and trust your hands to get you through the one your in.
Breath
Have fun!
Thanks calicadi for the words of wisdom:thumbsup: I'll be sure to get some pic's and put them up for everyone:)

nikon
09-02-06, 12:31 PM
Ive never had to wear any special clothing for autox's but for test&tune at moroso they make you wear pants....Id bring pants/shorts/long sleeve/short sleeve....just to be safe.

csp3000
09-02-06, 01:40 PM
Ive never had to wear any special clothing for autox's but for test&tune at moroso they make you wear pants....Id bring pants/shorts/long sleeve/short sleeve....just to be safe.

Thanks Bro:thumbsup:

csp3000
09-03-06, 06:33 AM
Well I off to the races!:thumbsup: I will be sure to get some good pic's so I can put some up here...oh ya and hopefully kick some ass!:thumbsup:

Chef
09-03-06, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup: GOOD LUCK AND KICK A$$ :thumbsup:

csp3000
09-04-06, 05:37 PM
This was a BLAST!:thumbsup: I meet up with V-Love at the track and had a awesome time. I learned a hell of allot about some of the V's limits and some things I would like to improve on with the car and myself as a driver. One example of stuff that I need to work on is my shifting through turns needs to be smoother. It will all come in time but I am definitely addicted to this stuff. My instructor Dale Rossman was really cool and helped me trust the car and to really find the line. Plus he took me for a ride in his slant nose Porsche 911 race car!:thumbsup: We hit 182mph on the straights!:bouncy: I am definitely going to reg for the event at Sebring for Oct this week. Hopefully more of us V's will show up for this event. I'm sure that V-Love will be going too. Here are a couple of pic's of the event I will have more later. Oh yea I'm the platinum V:thumbsup:

BBV
09-04-06, 05:46 PM
Highly addictive isn’t it? And it just keeps getting better every time out.

VELOSE
09-05-06, 12:57 AM
You go boyee! Another V on a track is another point of respect on the street. ;)

lunarx
09-05-06, 12:37 PM
CSP300,

I got your PM but I can't reply as my post count is too low.

If you continue with track days get some Performance Friction PFC97 pads in your V.
It's an easy swap the night before the event.
Remove pins and compress pistons enough to allow removal of old pad and/or make room for new pads.
You can use the pad bieng removed as a pry bar or use this tool:
SnapON - GA395, Spreader (for standard 4-piston caliper disc brakes) (http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=12412&group_ID=1682&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog)

I'm glad to hear some people are tracking their V's.
I would love to track mine but I have another car for that.
However if you guys tell me the V is a beast on track I may ditch the other car and use my V for street and track.
How does the V do against F-Bodies, Mustangs, S4 and E46 M3?
I need to at least put a hurting on those guys.

VELOSE
09-05-06, 02:04 PM
Depends on driver but stock for stock out of my experiences with the cars mentioned, the V is King.

csp3000
09-05-06, 03:37 PM
CSP300,

If you continue with track days get some Performance Friction PFC97 pads in your V.
Remove pins and compress pistons enough to allow removal of old pad and/or make room for new pads.
SnapON - GA395, Spreader (for standard 4-piston caliper disc brakes) (http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=12412&group_ID=1682&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog)

However if you guys tell me the V is a beast on track I may ditch the other car and use my V for street and track.

Thanks lunarx for the help:thumbsup: Oh and yea I was beating up on mustangs and M3's and Evo's all day at the event in my class:want: The V rules on the track:highfive:

v-ape
09-05-06, 04:29 PM
Any of you boys see any 300c SRT8's at the track?

VELOSE
09-05-06, 04:59 PM
I haven't seen one on a track but I have seen their older cousin the e55 amg. The e55 can do well but not good enough.**

**Disclaimer-This is my opinion of only one I've encountered on the track and does not reflect every e55 and driver's capabilities out there. ;)

nikon
09-05-06, 05:07 PM
sounds like you had fun...I almost came out to watch (I was at Jup Farms) but was a little dirty....so how much track time did you get? as in were there alot of cars or not many??...IM kinda interested just dunno if I wanna beat up on the V, and my maro' just doesnt have the power for a road course, but with what Ive done can take the abuse a little easier...so I dunno, gimme a call next fri or something we should hang out.

rand49er
09-05-06, 05:19 PM
Geez, does that sound like fun. You lucky dog! :worship:

csp3000
09-05-06, 07:56 PM
Any of you boys see any 300c SRT8's at the track?
No 300c SRT8's but I did see a SRT8 Charger in my rearview mirror most of the day:thumbsup: But I do have to say that they are fast. It was lightly modded sounded sweet but he could never overtake me in the straights and I would loose him in the turns:thumbsup:

1QUICKV
09-05-06, 09:16 PM
:thumbsup: GOOD LUCK AND KICK A$$ :thumbsup: And how much did the NASA license cost?

csp3000
09-05-06, 09:47 PM
And how much did the NASA license cost?
Membership costs 40$ a year. HPDE Events cost $289.00 per day and that includes a ton of driving time. Well worth it:thumbsup: Welcome to NASAProRacing.com! (http://www.nasaproracing.com) Check it out:)

V-Love
09-06-06, 01:48 AM
CSP300,

Give your "V" one day at the track. You won't be sorry. It is so nice.

lunarx
09-06-06, 02:12 AM
Give your "V" one day at the track. You won't be sorry. It is so nice.
I'm going to be at Laguna Seca this Thursday in my other car. :bouncy:
Interestingly, I saw that there is a V on the roster.
I will certianly be talking to that owner to get his impressions of the V on track.

HushH
09-06-06, 09:29 AM
Will be bringing my V to the track also as soon as I finish my Panoz Racing School course. Don't want to get out there and not do the V some justice.

66midyear
09-06-06, 09:27 PM
cps3000,
That SRT8 was my buddies, silver with the Gator sticker on the bumper? He said thanks he just got that Zoomers exhaust system put on last week. That was his second weekend at MOROSO and he loves it, he's been trying to get me to bring out my V to Sebring next month I think? I don't know if I'm up for that just yet beating on my every day driver.......lol

csp3000
09-06-06, 11:47 PM
cps3000,
That SRT8 was my buddies, silver with the Gator sticker on the bumper? He said thanks he just got that Zoomers exhaust system put on last week. That was his second weekend at MOROSO and he loves it, he's been trying to get me to bring out my V to Sebring next month I think? I don't know if I'm up for that just yet beating on my every day driver.......lol

The SRT8 sounded sweet and it was fast too but the V was faster:thumbsup: You have to go it is so much fun. Also from what I have been hearing the track at Sebring is so much better then the one I just raced at Moroso. The V is my daily driver too and I have not had any problems with my car and I drove it pretty hard. You should at least try it once to really enjoy all that the V can do:thumbsup: If you do go let me know what day you were planing or your friend is and I will try to get myself and V-Love to go on that same day so we can ride as a gang of V's:highfive: