: Sagging trunk liner

Dadillac
09-01-06, 10:44 AM
My Seville has a saggy trunk liner. It sags in a way that makes the trunk light useless. I fixed this about ten minutes ago, and want to share with you how I did it. I would post pictures in the thread, but do not know how to. So I have attatched the pics at the bottom. First, I pulled down the liner, to see the light fixture. I reached up above it, and noticed that it was hollow, and open on the top. There is nothing in the way, so I was able to drill into it. Next, after seeing where a good spot to drill was, I put the liner back up, and propped it up with some wood. I drilled a 1/4" hole, and inserted the fastener. I used a fastener that is meant for the front splash gaurd. I had them laying around, and figured it was as good as any. You can use whatever fastener you like. Now the liner is up where it belongs, the light actually shines up the trunk, and it only took about 15 minutes total.

Don

Submariner409
11-10-06, 07:44 PM
:bouncy: CHA-CHING! Same with a 2002 STS trunk liner. I inhaled a stiff bourbon and water and crawled into the trunk with several black wireties, a box cutter knife, and a pair of side cutters. Opened the cutout around the light lens a bit. Cut a slit in the liner just forward of the light lens and wiretied the liner to the woofer bracket. Same procedure at left and right sides of liner in vicinity of trunk lid torque bars. Crawled out, admired light pattern and inhaled another bourbon and water. Plastic pop rivets sound more elegant.

nigelb
11-11-06, 03:57 AM
makes you wonder why they never fitted a bezel round the trunk light to hold the liner up, sometimes it's the little things that really count

Submariner409
11-17-06, 05:38 PM
:thumbsup: NigelB....Austin-Healey, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar (Jag-you-wahr), and possibly old Chrysler were the only manufacturers that cared about the appearance in a boot. (Been through my Morris Minor-MG-Jaguar(XK140MC)-Healey(100-4 LeMans)-Chrysler 300B/C days..) Remember fitted luggage and tool kits? How 'bout a real GTO, as in 1964 Ferrari GTO V-12?

dkozloski
11-17-06, 08:47 PM
:thumbsup: NigelB....Austin-Healey, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar (Jag-you-wahr), and possibly old Chrysler were the only manufacturers that cared about the appearance in a boot. (Been through my Morris Minor-MG-Jaguar(XK140MC)-Healey(100-4 LeMans)-Chrysler 300B/C days..) Remember fitted luggage and tool kits? How 'bout a real GTO, as in 1964 Ferrari GTO V-12?
Ferrari GTO and Ken Miles at Laguna Seca in 1964. A great memory!

dp102288
11-18-06, 06:53 PM
Very cool and quick writeup! Thanks. :thumbsup: