: Aftermarket Nav Systems

EddieSRX
09-01-06, 09:21 AM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket nav system\dvd\cd player in place of the OEM radio?

TSS
09-01-06, 04:16 PM
SEE THE "REAR CAMERA" post below!!!!

EddieSRX
09-01-06, 10:03 PM
Where below? I see nothing.

EddieSRX
09-01-06, 10:08 PM
I see what you are talking about... That post has pictures of an aftermarket nav and rear camera... but it's not in a SRX.

Back to my post... Has anyone installed a aftermakert nav system in a SRX?

joekdo
09-03-06, 12:42 AM
I don't think you can do it properly because GM was a real bitch and decided to integrate the vehicle computer systems into the factory radio deck. That way if ya go aftermarket then no computer (for the vehicle) for programming etc. can be accessed. I think its only on the SRX, what a pain! I wanted to put a Pioneer Avic Z-1 in mine but found out the only option was to opt for the crap denso factory nav :(

TSS
09-04-06, 08:21 AM
I see what you are talking about... That post has pictures of an aftermarket nav and rear camera... but it's not in a SRX.

Back to my post... Has anyone installed a aftermakert nav system in a SRX?

Yes, the photo is not of an SRX. However, the discussion/comments may lead you somewhere - good luck.

EddieSRX
09-04-06, 11:54 AM
Yes, the photo is not of an SRX. However, the discussion/comments may lead you somewhere - good luck.

Thanks...

afg350ci
09-15-06, 10:31 AM
I installed a kenwood aftermarket system. It required significant customization. I had to remove the ashtray, move my A/C controls down to where the ashtray was, and install the flip-out kenwood screen where the A/C controls were. With the right custom plastic finish pieces, it looks good. The flip out screen perfectly covers the CD changer portion of the factory radio. This leaves me with my fully functional information screen in the factory radio. I also took the existing wiring for the cigarette lighter and split it into two 12-volt plugs, one on either side in the carpet area, another custom job. If you're willing to go through all of that, look for someone in your area that does custom work with plastics and fiberglass. Not for the faint of heart.

EddieSRX
09-16-06, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the info... Do you have any pictures?(I would like to show my installer) Is the Kenwood your main system for sound now? If so, how did you use the OEM speakers? I have a pro installer in my area, he charges $75.00 an hour. How many hour do you think a pro would need?

Thanks...

yourgmsolutions
09-30-06, 01:40 AM
Metra makes the specific kit and harness (retains on star and compatible with factory amplifier) for SRX and CTS. everything plug and play. and they also have steering wheel controls interface as well.
however doing this you'll loose ability to do your car settings (like you do right now through your factory radio)
what I did was, I removed that little dispay from the radio with buttons ( and I had it energized, so it would still communicate with car computer) and molded into the kit. took about day and half to do it.
I have no photos of that installed. (did not really care) I don't work on SRX's
that was just a favor i did to my wifes boss. but if your installer need some info or diagramms, i can help him out. I still have extra kit and interface harness that I bought it just in case. cost me $130 for both. so let me guys know if you need part numbers or else. i don't really come here to offten, so here is my e-mail
mark@gmintegration.com