: P132 (E132) ......................................... Knock Sensor Circuitry Failure

yayarea
09-01-06, 03:32 AM
I jus bought a 95'caddillac STS and the check engine light is on. So I ran the on board diagnostic and i had a couple historys and one current.

It was code P132 (E132) .................. Knock Sensor Circuitry Failure.:hmm:

Im hoping it doesnt mean my engines knocking. Has anybodyheard of this code and what it could be. I dont even know where the knock sensor is to check the connection.

Any info would Be appreciated........:cool:

yayarea
09-03-06, 08:22 PM
I guess I'll go to the libary on my day off and check it out........

zonie77
09-03-06, 08:59 PM
I don't recall anyone asking about that before. If you find some info post back what you find.

zonie77
09-03-06, 08:59 PM
I don't recall anyone asking about that before. If you find some info post back what you find.

Lindsay Cadillac
09-03-06, 09:12 PM
Here's some diagnostic information... Hopefully this will help you...

unruley247
09-03-06, 09:22 PM
The knock sensor is what prevent engine ping from low octane. If you are using 92 octane you should be fine

yayarea
09-03-06, 10:02 PM
lindsay cadillac thanx for the info. it's still alot to take in but it gave me a much better over view of the situation. im gonna read the info over again see if i can gather enough info to solve the problem..... thanx agian
P.S. if i figure it out I'll post my results.

Tricky
09-04-06, 04:01 PM
Basically its saying that if you havent got another ''Present'' code you more than likely have an open circuit knock sensor circuit which could easily mean that a wire is broken between the PCM and the sensor or the knock sensor plug has come off.
Check that first!
If when you find the sensor and the plug is firmly on. You will need to remove it then with a digi multi meter check that you have 5volts at the plug when the ign is switched on.
If you havent got 5 volts you more than likely have a wire break and you have to find it!!