: What Year NSs Fit a '99 Deville? Need Help

Quadrasteer
08-31-06, 05:01 PM
I have a '99 Deville DeElegance and my dealer has a NS that had only 2k miles before they had to fix a casting pinhole in the coolant jacket. They ended up putting a new engine in and they have the old one laying around. The problem is, he said that a one piece coolant manifold engine (throttle body housing is part of the manifold) will not fit my 2 piece type engine. Is that true? I'll try and find out what year and model car that engine came out of.

Ranger
08-31-06, 09:52 PM
'95 - '99 is compatable for your car.

Quadrasteer
08-31-06, 10:33 PM
The dealer thinks the engine he has is out of a 2000 seville. What would I need to do to make it compatible?

Ranger
08-31-06, 11:22 PM
My guess would a new PCM and wiring harness for starters (if possible).

CadiJeff
09-01-06, 12:49 AM
the old guru claimed that this conversion was "impractical" and more trouble than it is worth.

Quadrasteer
09-01-06, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done or exactly what the differences are? I may be able to get the parts cheap. I would also like to understand why the block and heads can't be used and all the stuff from the old motor put back on. Is there a bolt up issue?

zonie77
09-01-06, 01:12 PM
The sensors are different, both electronically and physically. The"timing wheel" in the block is different.

Someone did it a year or more ago but it was a fair amount of custom work. Not something a shop would do. If you do fabrication it might be worth it but it is not a bolt in. The block is slightly different.

eldorado1
09-01-06, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done or exactly what the differences are? I may be able to get the parts cheap. I would also like to understand why the block and heads can't be used and all the stuff from the old motor put back on. Is there a bolt up issue?

Crank has a different reluctor wheel, and different crank sensors. Intake ports are set up differently. 2000 uses coil on plug ignition (requires all new computer to run), and a few other things I'm forgetting.

Quadrasteer
09-02-06, 08:58 PM
I guess it's a no go . Thanks for the input. Just in case anyone needs one, the dealer still has it, just post or PM me. Anybody want to buy a '99 Deville D'Elegance with a sunroof and 103K, only needs headgasket!!