: Sorry, but I just need somewhere to vent

blackonblackonblack
08-31-06, 03:42 PM
Supercharging my V was the beginning of its underfall. I am 3 differentials down and waiting for the 4th to come in and of course Cadillac won't warranty any of them because its obviously the fault of the supercharger and the rims :want: (or maybe their paper thin differentials that keep cracking) My magnavolt went out ontop of that and my car came to the point of misfiring I'm pretty sure it was 2 cylinders short. In order to get it fixed, its going to take Stillen in Costa Mesa 2 weeks before they can even touch it. I'm too young to rent a car and riding my bike is getting old.
The second I get it back I am going to put it on Ebay and buy an 03 CL55 with 20k or so for between 55-59K.
Does anyone know a dealer around Orange County or a Magnuson distributor who doesn't suck?

ahahnu
08-31-06, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear you are so upst, and it really sucks. Why dont you get one of the madman aftermarket rears?

Koooop
08-31-06, 04:35 PM
You're not old enough for a Rent A Car? Then you couldn't possibly be old enough for a CL! That's a GEEZER RIDE! Nice roomy trunk for your walker though.

Stillen is a tough act to follow, I was very happy with their service, but it's been a number of years.

Special Vehicles Concepts - Home (http://www.specialvehicles.com/)

SVC is the other local guy with tons of knowledge reg. superchargers. I'm sure you will wait for SVC as well. I've driven a few SVC cars, they are impressive.

blackonblackonblack
08-31-06, 04:36 PM
Because I've already spent most of my money buying all of these differentials.

HushH
08-31-06, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear you are so upst, and it really sucks. Why dont you get one of the madman aftermarket rears?

Are those even available?

VELOSE
08-31-06, 04:54 PM
It's tough to hear you are unhappy. It's because of your car I decided to go with Asanti's. I hope you can get the car back together soon.

The Tony Show
08-31-06, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having.

Them's the "joys" of owning a heavily modified car. This post reminds me why I do my tinkering on my Miata instead of the V.

Silver Dollar
08-31-06, 05:23 PM
You're not old enough for a Rent A Car? Then you couldn't possibly be old enough for a CL! That's a GEEZER RIDE! Nice roomy trunk for your walker though.

HAhaha! Koop, you and I are on the same (sick) page today.

By the way, I also believe the CL comes with the "preferential parking pass" good at most IHOPs across North America including the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Florian
08-31-06, 05:43 PM
Its call "payin to play" Part of modding. Welcome to it.

F

The Tony Show
08-31-06, 06:02 PM
Its call "payin to play" Part of modding. Welcome to it.

F

I so danced around actually saying that....

CVP33
08-31-06, 06:17 PM
You're still 3 differentials behind my N/A V. Sorry to hear your troubles and wish I could offer a more productive reply to your post. I honestly take no pleasure in hearing about blown V diff's. Brings back far too many bad memories.

Luna.
08-31-06, 06:40 PM
I agree that modding carries with it a certain amount of risk, but that, in no way, shape or form, removes the egg from GM's face of installing a highly dubious differential...

The Tony Show
08-31-06, 07:38 PM
I agree that modding carries with it a certain amount of risk, but that, in no way, shape or form, removes the egg from GM's face of installing a highly dubious differential...

True, but one should not be suprised by the results of throwing a supercharger at the aforementioned notoriously weak differential.

Florian
08-31-06, 08:26 PM
I so danced around actually saying that....

Florian = no BS

F

Luna.
08-31-06, 08:35 PM
True, but one should not be suprised by the results of throwing a supercharger at the aforementioned notoriously weak differential.

True, but one should not be surprised by the results of driving the car around stock at the aforementioned weak differential! :)

wildwhl
09-01-06, 12:29 AM
I'm so confused...and knocking on wood. My diff is fine, and my right foot is heavy. Technique? Luck?

Don't know...

WW

blackonblackonblack
09-01-06, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the support. The thing about modding my V, is that I'm only human and had the finances to put the blower on it. It was my fault though for not realizing I didn't have the money for maitanance for it. Thinking of an M3 because the dealers are more welcoming to moddifications such as Dinan, and also there are SOOOO many aftermarket parts....I'm thinking of a Midnight blue with a CSL front bumper, trunk, diffuser, and some GT3 seats

HushH
09-01-06, 03:52 PM
Just remember service and parts in general are going to be more expensive with the Bimmer.

2004ctsv
09-01-06, 04:28 PM
Blackie - You need to talk to the Madman across the Bayou (Elton John does Linda Ronstat, songs only)

Best news I've heard since putting the Maggie on

T

Dennisscars
09-01-06, 09:53 PM
If your going to Izod land you might as well step up to a 5'er.

I'm waiting for Wild to jump first.

StealthV
09-01-06, 11:08 PM
Wild is jumping to a 6'er next.

Dennisscars
09-02-06, 12:43 AM
Noooo... that would be me.. Wild still has car seats in the back, 5'er for Wild.
6'er for me... I've done my time with car seats.. Glad I did it, glad I'm done...

The only reason I don't have a 6'er is because StealthV doesn't tune it... yet..

VELOSE
09-03-06, 02:10 AM
We all need a Z06er instead.