: Water in my trunk lid.

ahahnu
08-31-06, 09:48 AM
Anyone else have this problem? I drove to work this morning, upon arrival I went to put something inside my trunk. When I opened the lid, I herd water sloshing around. At the time there was a car driving around the parking deck so I tried it again... yep water. anyone else have this situation?

SlvrVee
08-31-06, 12:10 PM
Same here, I opened the trunk I heard water moving around. Have to see if there is a drain hole someplace.

The Tony Show
08-31-06, 12:36 PM
It usually sneaks in around the rear bezel for the plate and reverse lights. Most dealers will pull that, drain the water out and replace or reseal the bezel.

JonCR96Z
08-31-06, 12:52 PM
My back seat was getting wet. Opened the trunk removed the spare tire cover and the hole was full of water.

Cadillac place said it was leaking around the taillights. My girlfriend had her backpack full of school books back there and they got wet. We bought them off of half.com for next to nothing. Cadillac reimbursed her for the full price of the books, which was $550.

dqw1
08-31-06, 03:40 PM
Same issue here.

SBONES
09-01-06, 08:26 AM
oh shit that happened to me 2 yrs ago...when i first got it....they had to redo all the lights...rear brake lights not sealed....or trunk lid.

ctsvflorida
09-01-06, 09:08 AM
oh shit that happened to me 2 yrs ago...when i first got it....they had to redo all the lights...rear brake lights not sealed....or trunk lid.

You guys better fix that as extra weight is lingering around and slowin u down! :rant2: Seriously tho, that is incredible that it would happen to some cars and not all!

rand49er
09-01-06, 01:32 PM
My car's in the garage usually when it's raining OR moving and trying to get to my garage, so haven't observed this problem. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

rgd
09-02-06, 04:33 AM
Me too! Dealer tried once still leaked. There are two little rubber plugs, (one on each side) you can pull out. But how long until I will be replacing the damn thing after it rusts from the inside?
Oh well...
rgd :rant2:

dynodrew
09-29-06, 05:49 PM
I had that problem, but it was the rear window.They resealed it - didn't work so they ended up replacing the window with seal.

heavymetals
09-29-06, 06:02 PM
Same here.

I shake the lid to hear if there is any "sloshing around".

Cosmic balance. The diff leaks and the trunk lid collects.:rolleyes: