: Anyone ever upgrade the stock fuel pump?

RAD69
08-30-06, 09:18 PM
I am looking to upgrade my stock fuel system. Even with a boost-a-pump, I am out of fuel right now.

Anyone done this? Anyone know what the stock pump flows? Any pics of the pump in the tank or info about how it is set up?

TIA -

Rob.

Drift-caddy
08-30-06, 09:20 PM
I am looking to upgrade my stock fuel system. Even with a boost-a-pump, I am out of fuel right now.

Anyone done this? Anyone know what the stock pump flows? Any pics of the pump in the tank or info about how it is set up?

TIA -

Rob.

Why and how do you know your out of fuel???

RAD69
08-30-06, 09:39 PM
Why and how do you know your out of fuel???

I am putting down 605whp right now. When I had it on the dyno last week, the rail pressure dropped over 10psi and the duty cycle went over 100% up top.

So my beautiful new Reichard's racing pulley did not get installed yet :mad:

http://206.165.154.146/CTS-V/33-pulley.jpg

Drift-caddy
08-30-06, 09:41 PM
I am putting down 605whp right now. When I had it on the dyno last week, the rail pressure dropped over 10psi and the duty cycle went over 100% up top.

So my beautiful new Reichard's racing pulley did not get installed yet :mad:

what size injectors you have and what pump is on there now???

RAD69
08-30-06, 09:50 PM
what size injectors you have and what pump is on there now???

STOCK pump! Hence all the questions.

I am running 60lb Siemens injectors.

Drift-caddy
08-30-06, 09:56 PM
may i ask y???? who SC you have?? and why did they not sell you upgraded pump. Ill look tomm and see if i have a 310 or a 255 pump for you.

RAD69
08-30-06, 10:12 PM
may i ask y???? who SC you have?? and why did they not sell you upgraded pump. Ill look tomm and see if i have a 310 or a 255 pump for you.

I have a procharger D-1SC from EPP. They did not install a larger pump, because at 11psi my afr's are fine with a Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump.

The issue is that I wanna up the boost, but I doubt that I have enough fuel for the 13psi that this 3.3" pulley will most likey produce. Vettes with similar built, stroker motors like mine make around 700whp with a D-1SC. I want that! :thumbsup:

I was thinking of getting a 310, but dunno if it will fit in the tank with minimal fabrication. Searches yield few results. It seems that most CTS-V ppl use the boost-a-pump with the stock pump...

The car pulls hard now and it seems like traction is the limiting factor, I guess I wanna figger out if its worth the trouble of a return fuel system. If I can just drop a larger pump in there, I must say I will not be able to resist...

Drift-caddy
08-30-06, 10:22 PM
I have a procharger D-1SC from EPP. They did not install a larger pump, because at 11psi my afr's are fine with a Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump.

The issue is that I wanna up the boost, but I doubt that I have enough fuel for the 13psi that this 3.3" pulley will most likey produce. Vettes with similar built, stroker motors like mine make around 700whp with a D-1SC. I want that! :thumbsup:

I was thinking of getting a 310, but dunno if it will fit in the tank with minimal fabrication. Searches yield few results. It seems that most CTS-V ppl use the boost-a-pump with the stock pump...

The car pulls hard now and it seems like traction is the limiting factor, I guess I wanna figger out if its worth the trouble of a return fuel system. If I can just drop a larger pump in there, I must say I will not be able to resist...

You still have stock fuel lines?? and are you will to upgrade you lines?? your duty cycle is scary. id like to see 70-80s at the most. What fuel rails do you have and do you have a regulator on there?? Do you have the 15 or 30 amp boost-a-pump??

RAD69
08-30-06, 10:35 PM
You still have stock fuel lines?? and are you will to upgrade you lines?? your duty cycle is scary. id like to see 70-80s at the most. What fuel rails do you have and do you have a regulator on there??

The duty cycle is much lower until the fuel pressure drops off. This happened on a the first pull of a re-tune when the afr was 11.1. The duty cycle dropped as they leaned it out. So I think the injectors are fine for now, based on the graphs - it is just running out of fuel supply. My bet is that the pump is simply maxed, but wanna know the flow rate of the stock pump to be sure. Beyond that - I am hoping that the stock lines may yield enough fuel for my needs, dunno. I know that I may need to run two -8 lines and get a rising rate FPR up at some aftermarket fuel rails. Again, I am not sure I wanna do that just yet. I just got the car, and coming from an AWD car - me no likey the traction...

BTW - 30 amp, and stock rails.

Drift-caddy
08-30-06, 10:39 PM
The duty cycle is much lower until the fuel pressure drops off. The injectors are fine for now, based on the graphs - it is just running out of fuel supply. My bet is that the pump is simply maxed, but wanna know the flow rate of the stock pump to be sure. Beyond that - I am hoping that the stock lines may yield enough fuel for my needs, dunno. I know that I may need to run two -8 lines and get a rising rate FPR up at some aftermarket fuel rails. Again, I am not sure I wanna do that just yet. I just got the car, and coming from an AWD car - me no likey the traction...

30 amp, and stock rails.

me thinky the stock pump is 180??? go with a 270pump and 30amp booster and you can run stock fule lines. ALso you may want to upgrade the rear. lol no will really no likey that when you get traction. lol

RAD69
08-30-06, 10:59 PM
me thinky the stock pump is 180??? go with a 270pump and 30amp booster and you can run stock fule lines. ALso you may want to upgrade the rear. lol no will really no likey that when you get traction. lol

So to finish up the original questions, will a larger pump fit in the tank assy without major modifications? I would try the 310 now, if it will fit. Otherwise I may wait and do up the whole system when I have more cash.

Any experience with what this 3/8" (?) line can flow? I am new to a returnless system with the regulator in the tank.

Thanks for all your help!