: Who sells aftermarket sub-frame bushings?

vonhiner
08-30-06, 05:08 PM
If my memory serves me right one of the venders is Specter Works. Can't find their info in supporting vendors. Does anybody know their website or contact info? I had the Cadillac anti wheel hop bushings installed and they creak and squeak terribly. Can someone give me feedback on how the Spector Works bushings work are they worth the $200? Thanks Chris

MescalVto
08-30-06, 05:39 PM
Can someone give me feedback on how the Spector Works bushings work are they worth the $200? Thanks Chris

Um . . .I think they run $275 + shipping and supposedly they cure the creak according to James from Lindsay . . . he can hook you up with the parts as well.

Lindsay Cadillac
08-30-06, 08:20 PM
We carry the bushings and I think they are definately worth it. I took my GM bushings out, for a couple of reasons, and replaced them with the Spectre bushings. The GM bushings were noisey as heck and didn't really do anything as far as eliminating wheel hop. You can do a search and I think you'll find that I'm not the only one with these results...

andrew-gg
04-07-07, 10:46 AM
We carry the bushings and I think they are definately worth it. I took my GM bushings out, for a couple of reasons, and replaced them with the Spectre bushings. The GM bushings were noisey as heck and didn't really do anything as far as eliminating wheel hop. You can do a search and I think you'll find that I'm not the only one with these results...

How much are the Specter bushings? Please send me a PM.

trukk
04-10-07, 08:31 PM
The real question, is 'does anyone actually make any replacement bushing kits?' The GM AWH & Spectre Werks, are just plastic tops that slide down over the OEM rubber bushings to help keep them in place. I'd like to eventually just replace the rubber.

Yes I know it will add NVH. I have a Corsa and Kooks headers, I don't really give a sh!t about NVH.

Inquiring minds want to know.

-Chris

rand49er
04-10-07, 09:10 PM
I replaced my GM bushings with the Spectres last October when I did the GC kit. The GM bushings really didn't help (though I did post at one time that I thought they did ... my bad). Since I'm not in a habit of clutch dumping, I really don't know if the Spectres are much better.

ronr
04-10-07, 09:52 PM
I've gone back and forth between the GM's and the Spectre's a couple of times. Currently running the Spectre's which are definately more robust (tighter) than the GM ones. I've never noticed the additional NVH but I've got a Corsa and Maggie so I'm not real concerned about NVH either. Since I do sometimes take my car to the track (road racing as opposed to drag) I do think it makes a difference. I've thought about carving a set out of aluminum and seeing how bad the NVH becomes but haven't had time.