: Attn: Reed, ssmith, anyone who has wiring diagrams available:

Imperator
08-30-06, 09:42 AM
Looking around online last night, I was considering different methods for mounting the alternate steering wheel controls. Of course, as illustrated on the FAQ, it's difficult to make this mod look clean.

Then I noticed this steering wheel panel (attached). I'm thinking it could possibly replace the V's satin button panel. I'd use the 1 & 3 buttons for radio presets and try to rig 2 & 4 for the DIC... this might prove difficult though as I think that switch is resistance-based. Hopefully, the cruise buttons would carry over and if I'm REALLY lucky, provisions exist for the volume and voice buttons.

Reed, can you confirm whether this harness is the same across the CTS board or would it be necessary to run wires through the clock spring to connect the audio controls? I do recall the pinouts at the radio harness, but this job would be much easier with wires pre-installed by the factory.

ccclarke
08-30-06, 10:17 AM
I was under the impression the 06s had added stereo controls to the steering wheel, using the pre-existing 4 rocker switch positions used by the 04-05s. If so, this could be a relatively easy harness/switch job. Could an 06 owner confirm please?
CCC

ewill3rd
08-30-06, 12:24 PM
Here are the schematics for the CTS and the V, you can see the resistance values for each switch.
Remember the values add in series, so if you push switch 4 on the CTS you'll be passing your voltage through all 4 resistors. That would give you a value of 2.718k ohms.

HTH.

dvandentop
08-30-06, 07:57 PM
can someone send me the sheet for power seat wiring diagrams? thanks

ctsvett
08-30-06, 08:48 PM
ewill posted the diagrams.. its not plug and play..

Reed

Imperator
08-30-06, 11:33 PM
Yep, I figured it wouldn't be plug and play. What I really wanted to know was if the wire harness was there and where it leads to on the CTS-V. I can't very well run additional wire through the clockspring.