: Newbee with XM questions ???

Tee
08-29-06, 07:06 PM
First of all , New to this forum. Just replaced wife's 95 Eldo with an 04 AWD SRX. LOVE it so far. The car has NAV and Ultraview with no XM. Is it possible to add the XM receiver in the rear and antenna ? Is the car prewired for a simple plug and play ? If it will work, my next question. Anyone who has converted to the SIRGM1 have the XM receiver for sale ? This looks like an excellent forum for advise so thanks in advance.
Tee

yourgmsolutions
10-01-06, 10:35 PM
First of all , New to this forum. Just replaced wife's 95 Eldo with an 04 AWD SRX. LOVE it so far. The car has NAV and Ultraview with no XM. Is it possible to add the XM receiver in the rear and antenna ? Is the car prewired for a simple plug and play ? If it will work, my next question. Anyone who has converted to the SIRGM1 have the XM receiver for sale ? This looks like an excellent forum for advise so thanks in advance.
Tee

don't buy used XM reciever. it will not work. all GM XM modules are programmed to the vehicle vin #, and there is no way to unlock it. go to GM web site, I think they offer XM kits as accessories