: More mods...

Seattle CTS-V
08-29-06, 05:55 PM
I've got the GC kit with 550/600lb springs and a set of FG2 shocks (from James at Lindsay) on the way! Hope to have it all installed and street-tested b/f my track day on Sept. 25th. Just need to stop by the Chevy dealer and get a set of ZO6 front sway endlinks ordered to clear the Hotchkis sways. This will be a nice real-world track test of the stock FE4 shocks w/ stock springs vs. the aforementioned setup.

tweeter81
08-29-06, 06:34 PM
I currently have the FE4 stock setup with no suspension mods and am planning on doing the exact same setup as you (FG2/GC/ and Hotchiks swaybars) so I am eagerly awaiting your impressions on how much better that stuff makes the car handle. Also, let us know about any noise/rubbing issues that result from the modifications. I will be tracking my car in stock form in a few weeks so I will be able to also give some impressions in the future about how much of a difference all the suspensions mods make.

Seattle CTS-V
08-29-06, 08:10 PM
I currently have the FE4 stock setup with no suspension mods and am planning on doing the exact same setup as you (FG2/GC/ and Hotchiks swaybars) so I am eagerly awaiting your impressions on how much better that stuff makes the car handle. Also, let us know about any noise/rubbing issues that result from the modifications. I will be tracking my car in stock form in a few weeks so I will be able to also give some impressions in the future about how much of a difference all the suspensions mods make.

I'm pretty sure it'll be night and day. Have fun at the track!

I was at a local shop and they said they just installed a one-off custom suspension kit on some guy's black V. They said the shocks alone were about $4k :eek: . They also said the guy used to race professionally and he claimed the package reminded him of his old racecars. I'll have to find out what package it was since I'll probably have them install my stuff.

BTW, they suggested I get the car "corner balanced" after installed the kit. What is this and is it needed??

Lindsay Cadillac
08-29-06, 09:36 PM
You want us to send you the end links when we send you the shocks???

Seattle CTS-V
08-30-06, 03:03 AM
You want us to send you the end links when we send you the shocks???

Yes please!

Lindsay Cadillac
08-30-06, 06:40 AM
Yes please!Not a problem... I'll tell the parts department to get them at the same time...