: 06' Sts Price (used)

ARTSBEST
08-29-06, 05:05 PM
Spotted on the web an 06' LOADED STS with a $61K+ sticker. About 3500 miles on it. A GM factory rep car. Asking around $44K. Any input would be most appreciated.

Wiseguy2
08-29-06, 05:21 PM
V8 AWD? What's the trim level? Gimme some more info and I an help ya.

megeebee
08-29-06, 07:00 PM
Sounds good to me. Nearly $20,000.00 off sticker.

Benjamin Simon
08-29-06, 07:37 PM
It sounds like the 1SG without AWD. I found a 2005 with 30K for $30K on ebay. Same package and options, including the ACC. If you can afford the 06, go for that one. I just cannot spend more and $25K on a car.

netrave
08-29-06, 08:07 PM
i have an 06 sts, v6, with EVERY OPTION you can add... i also have a factory installed EG Body kit, grill, 20"rims i mean the works, navigation, everything...

sticker was 66k..

i have 4k miles on it now, and the dealer offered me 25k to buy it back for a STS-V,
i was like you gotta be shitting me??? why would i wanna buy another cadillac if the value drops over 50% in 4 months...

Benjamin Simon
08-29-06, 08:39 PM
I just need to hang out at the dealership and look for people trading thier cars in! I had a friend with a 2001 Chevy Blazer with 75K and they only gave him $1500. I am like WTF! Dealerships are bad, bad people.
Sell you STS by yourself.

I looked into trading in my 99 STS with 130K and they were going to offer $4,000. I think they could have done $5K, but I would have taken the 4 if I would have liked the 2006 GTO. (Civic with a v8)
I am holding out for my 05 STS v8 1SG!

ARTSBEST
08-29-06, 10:44 PM
WISEGUY: 2006 Cadillac STS V8 - Original MSRP On This GM Factory Executive Demo Was $61,880. Featuring The 1SF Luxury Performance Package That Delivers Heated And Cooled Premium Tuscany Leather Seats, Heated Eucalyptus Steering Wheel, Bose Surround Sound With Integrated DVD Navigation, Magnetic Ride Control, Power Moonroof, Two Position Driver Preference Memory Recall System, Heads Up Display.

netrave
08-30-06, 10:32 AM
WISEGUY: 2006 Cadillac STS V8 - Original MSRP On This GM Factory Executive Demo Was $61,880. Featuring The 1SF Luxury Performance Package That Delivers Heated And Cooled Premium Tuscany Leather Seats, Heated Eucalyptus Steering Wheel, Bose Surround Sound With Integrated DVD Navigation, Magnetic Ride Control, Power Moonroof, Two Position Driver Preference Memory Recall System, Heads Up Display.

i have ALL those options on my car, and they only wanna give me 25k for it, thats BULLLLLshizzzit

ARTSBEST
08-30-06, 11:06 AM
You have an 06' STS with all of these options? How many miles on it? $25K offering price? WOW. Who needs enemies when we have car dealers offering insane prices as such?

megeebee
08-30-06, 12:03 PM
The reason resale value on these cars is so bad is that sales of new ones are so bad. It seems tehre is very little demand for them. Check out these figures as of August 1st:

GM Media Online (http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=27722)

The STS has been struggling for at least a year now. It doesn't sell as well as the last generation car did. All the discounts and incentives being offered now impact resale, too. If a $55K car is being discounted $4-6K, that tells the world that the vehicle is overpriced for its market. This not to say the STS is bad, but there is some reason it doesn't sell. Worse still is that we won't see even a slight change to the car until '08.

ARTSBEST
08-30-06, 12:30 PM
I agree the STS has not sold well. I still say it looks TOO MUCH like the less expensive CTS. And people who are "into" their image do NOT want to pay $50K+ for a "glorified" CTS. As for the BS resale values? Cadillac trade in prices have ALWAYS sucked. Had 3 Sedan De Villes and every 3 years traded them in and got SQUAT for em'. Own a 02' Seville now. Love the car but I still would like to own a STS. They're great driving/fun machines. Sticker $61,800 and they're asking around $44K. I see GM just "upped" the STS rebate another $1K. Which IMHO, should lower even more, the resale value of the STS even more.