: Driveshaft Change Anyone Do It?

ctsvflorida
08-29-06, 03:02 PM
I know the driveshaft is a two piece or three piece...whatever! My friend changed his in his GTO and what a difference to power to the wheels it made! Can we do this mod and what are the negatives to doing it? I am surprised to have not heard this question yet on here but maybe I missed it. Looking forward to the replies and answers! Thanks in advance!

JonCR96Z
08-29-06, 03:29 PM
You can have a custom driveshaft made. I don't know of any companys right now selling anything driveshaft related for the Vs. BMR used to have a one peice carbon fiber, but I beleive they said that they didn't sell any. So they discontinued it.

ctsvflorida
08-29-06, 03:34 PM
You can have a custom driveshaft made. I don't know of any companys right now selling anything driveshaft related for the Vs. BMR used to have a one peice carbon fiber, but I beleive they said that they didn't sell any. So they discontinued it.

I am wondering why no one has done it and will it interfere with the independant suspension? I can't explain how much my friend said it did for more power!

JonCR96Z
08-29-06, 03:52 PM
Well one reason is that it's not cheap, and theres really not much power gain from it. It would help with driveline clunk, but that would also make the rearend see that much more abuse. Plus BMR stated that their shaft was to big to be used with the factory resonator, and while that doesn't bother everyone, it will hurt some of the sales. Add that to the already low number of Vs, and you don't have a very good business case.

1MEANV
08-29-06, 06:34 PM
bmr had problems with it. a certain part where it attached to the tranny kept breaking and they could not resolve the issue so they just dropped it all together