: New variants on the CTS?

daytripper
08-29-06, 01:35 PM
This week's Automotive News reportedly has an article about the new CTS stating that General Motors has shown dealers a fastback coupe and a Euro-styled crossover variant of the next Cadillac CTS, according to sources close to Cadillac. Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor says developing a broader line of CTS-based vehicles would boost revenue for the vehicle program.

Sorry I haven't seen the whole article, and I'm not sure if there are spy shots to go with it. Anyone have more info.

Am I the only one who thinks there are already too many CTSs out on the road, and that the CTS-V is not distinctive enough to be differentiated from the masses by the masses.

Maybe they should make the V a fastback-specific model.

Brian R.

rand49er
08-29-06, 02:06 PM
... Am I the only one who thinks there are already too many CTSs out on the road, and that the CTS-V is not distinctive enough to be differentiated from the masses by the masses. ...IMHO, I sorta like blending in a bit (but not completely). Makes us more stealthy. :sneaky:

P-Funk
08-29-06, 03:14 PM
IMHO, I sorta like blending in a bit (but not completely). Makes us more stealthy. :sneaky:

Yep, me too.

daytripper
08-30-06, 04:14 PM
I kind of like the stealth look, too. Its just that there are so many base CTSs out there, the car is kind of vanilla. Its not the look, its the size of the herd.

A couple more variants will only water it down some more...

Brian R.