: GSD3s

Avejoe
08-29-06, 08:39 AM
I have a high speed vibration. Brought the car in to have the tires road force balanced. Cadillac says 18 lbs. of road force for optimum proformance.The tires tested out L/FRT 34 lbs., R/FRT 31 lbs., L/REAR 29 lbs., and R/REAR 23lbs. of road force. So much for the GSD3s' I'm thinkin. Going to GoodYear to get the run flats back !

The Tony Show
08-29-06, 09:50 AM
That can be corrected by matching the rim/tire assembly if your tire tech knows how to interpret the readings from the Hunter machine. I've seen readings like yours taken down to 8-10 with a small amount of weight and proper matching.

Avejoe
08-29-06, 10:12 AM
Thanks, when the weather clears, I'll bring the car back to Goodyear and have them give it a shot.

The Tony Show
08-29-06, 11:01 AM
If the tires are relatively new, there should still be colored dots from the manufacturer. They indicate where to position the tire relative to the valve stem, as well as the lightest spot on the tire. If they properly utilize those marks, it should drastically improve.

Avejoe
08-29-06, 11:08 AM
Thanks again ! I just had the car detailed and I'm thinkin there not there now

The Tony Show
08-29-06, 11:27 AM
They could still be on the inner sidewall. It's worth a look, anyway....

patentguy
08-29-06, 12:51 PM
I got my new set of GSD3s last week. The weight mark is a white ring about the size of a dime, and the high mark was a solid white circle, again about the size of a dime.
Balancing was performed on the Hunter 9700...a very interesting machine.

The Tony Show
08-29-06, 02:53 PM
We love ours. The Chevy dealership down the road sublets all their Corvette tire balance jobs to us.

ctsvflorida
08-29-06, 03:25 PM
This thread is incredible! I had the GSD3's put on about a week ago and they vibrate to hell when it is cold and then heat up to be OK! After 82mph they are horrible again until about 100! I am calling the tire guy right now!

sotxmike
08-31-06, 12:36 AM
This thread is incredible! I had the GSD3's put on about a week ago and they vibrate to hell when it is cold and then heat up to be OK! After 82mph they are horrible again until about 100! I am calling the tire guy right now!
Had my GSD3's installed in Florida in April...these are exactly my symptons. Goodyear blames the car...Cadillac blames the tires. I think I will go find a roadforce machine. :bigroll:

ctsvflorida
08-31-06, 09:43 AM
Had my GSD3's installed in Florida in April...these are exactly my symptons. Goodyear blames the car...Cadillac blames the tires. I think I will go find a roadforce machine. :bigroll:

Let me know where you are in Florida as I spoke with the main rep from the north and he tells me to come in and he'll handle it! He just got the best machine, HUnter or something, and says this road force needs to be done! Don't let your retarded Goodyear dealer tell you anything different as mine originally did! Goodyear has some great people in it's organization with taking care of customers but you can expect to not run into brain dead workers in stores! I give Goodyear a thumbs up for their warranties and customer service!

mlg
08-31-06, 09:30 PM
i will repeat, as i have numerous times on this forum, Goodlaugh gsd3s SUCK. they cant make a round tire. not worth my time or Money!!!

ctsvflorida
09-01-06, 09:04 AM
i will repeat, as i have numerous times on this forum, Goodlaugh gsd3s SUCK. they cant make a round tire. not worth my time or Money!!!

Mine are pretty round! :banghead: I have to go and see the area rep Wed. and he said we will take care of whatever needs to be taken care and that includes changing them if need be! As I said earlier, Goodyear is exc. for customer service! No tire co. is like them, in my opinion! If I need to get rid of these, then what would be recommended? Believe it or not, I may just go back to a run flat F1's! Sound harsh, as I know they are junk, but I will take $400+ tires for free and they weren't horrible, just hard ride, wear fast, steers with grooved road...other than that, they were great! :eek: If I had to replace them...what a difficult decision!:hmm:

Florian
09-01-06, 10:08 AM

No issues w/my GSD3s for 30K+ miles....love em, will buy them again.

F

The Tony Show
09-01-06, 12:33 PM
My shop is in the process of road force balancing mine right now, and they have mysterously gone "out of round" since installing them two months ago.

Hrm. :hmm:

ctsvflorida
09-07-06, 03:51 PM
Went to the corporate office today in FL. and they are ordering me another set of tires...go figure! That's how incredible Goodyear is with customer service!

verbs
09-08-06, 12:20 PM
same problem here, and my goodyear replacements have been on backorder for like 3 months.

ctsvflorida
09-08-06, 12:22 PM
same problem here, and my goodyear replacements have been on backorder for like 3 months.

That would be fine with me as I would just be racking up the miles! Mine are not horrible, or at least not as horrible as I have heard some of you guys tires are!

v-ape
09-08-06, 12:40 PM
I've always liked the KDWs on my other cars, I'm gonna get them when I need new shoes.

nikon
09-08-06, 03:57 PM

well technically if cadillac blames the tires, and they installed them, if the road force comes out over a single digit # they replace them under warranty...It's what we had to do at my dealership...dunno if thats still the case though.

ctsvflorida
09-08-06, 04:47 PM
well technically if cadillac blames the tires, and they installed them, if the road force comes out over a single digit # they replace them under warranty...It's what we had to do at my dealership...dunno if thats still the case though.

Goodyears customer service is incredible and I would think that they would replace any tires that aren't round, don't roadforce correctly or whatever and that seems to be the case here! Mine are wearing very oddly too! They are wearing on the outsides severly and the tire pressure is right on according to the rep, 31 psi. Whatever the case is, I don't think I could ever buy another tire as Goodyear just keeps standing behind there product!

The Tony Show
09-08-06, 07:05 PM
Sounds like you need an alignment.

ctsvflorida
09-08-06, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you need an alignment.

But both outsides are wearing on the same tire Tony! Weird right? Rep said it was the tire but wants to check the alignment when new tires come in!

The Tony Show
09-12-06, 09:51 AM
Hrm. That sounds more like the result of low tire pressure to me. Alignment issues will kill either the inside or outside, but not both. What kind of pressure are you running?

On a related note, Goodyear customer service is outstanding- I just got off the phone, and they're sending 4 new tires to replace my "out of round-ers". I'm very pleased with how they're taking care of the issue. :)

lawfive
09-12-06, 01:59 PM

Hmm. Mine are round and vibration-free. Only complaint is that after 20K miles they are pretty worn, albeit evenly worn. Now, I wonder who's fault THAT could be?

ctsvflorida
09-12-06, 05:14 PM
Hrm. That sounds more like the result of low tire pressure to me. Alignment issues will kill either the inside or outside, but not both. What kind of pressure are you running?

On a related note, Goodyear customer service is outstanding- I just got off the phone, and they're sending 4 new tires to replace my "out of round-ers". I'm very pleased with how they're taking care of the issue. :)

I said the same thing and he said tire pressure was correct 31 psi.

On the other note, our tires are back ordered for 8-12 weeks! I said fine, call me when they come in! I only be putting more miles on these! Hurray! I hope they come in like May 2007!