: Navigation Hacks -- Splash Screen

kelliecoo
08-29-06, 12:21 AM
Ok, so I thought I would come here first before I go digging. The Navigation system has a hard drive that contains the screen you see when you turn on the car and then also the general screen when you turn off the radio. On my '06 it is a grey screen with the Cadillac symbol. I am looking for the hack to download my own image here. I know there has to be one. I am going to start digging. If I find it and no one else posts it here I will be sure to come back and post it. Off to go do some searching for this!

Edit: BinaryFusion.Net: 2006 Acura TSX Navigation Hack (http://binaryfusion.net/navhack.html) -- I am getting close, I wonder what the backend is on the hard drive, anyone know? I might be able to try a hack similar to this url...I need to get the Navigation DVD out and actually see what it contains.

ryaus1
08-29-06, 11:48 PM
are you sure the NAV system has a hard drive? :confused:

anyway, good luck with your research. If you come across how to bypass the key-lock to operate the NAV system while driving I am sure many members of this forum would be very delighted. keep us posted...

Smokin' SRX
08-30-06, 04:51 PM
Ok, so I thought I would come here first before I go digging. The Navigation system has a hard drive that contains the screen you see when you turn on the car and then also the general screen when you turn off the radio. On my '06 it is a grey screen with the Cadillac symbol. I am looking for the hack to download my own image here. I know there has to be one. I am going to start digging. If I find it and no one else posts it here I will be sure to come back and post it. Off to go do some searching for this!

Edit: BinaryFusion.Net: 2006 Acura TSX Navigation Hack (http://binaryfusion.net/navhack.html) -- I am getting close, I wonder what the backend is on the hard drive, anyone know? I might be able to try a hack similar to this url...I need to get the Navigation DVD out and actually see what it contains.

Hi! :) A previous post ( 3-6 mos. ago) did a disasembly!!! See past threads on "1791 Code". Good luck! Wouild love my wife to be able to change destinations on the NAV system, while I drive!!

kelliecoo
09-03-06, 12:28 AM
I will go back and look in case I am missing something, but I am not looking to unlock the player while driving. I just want to change the lame grey logo splash screen. It's the screen you see when you start the car. I have been playing around with it. Mostly I am trying to find a way to upload to the hard drive. And it has to have a hard drive or it wouldn't be able to show you the splash screen.

Sorry if I sound crabby, I am just totally frustrated, but it would be fun to be the first to do this! Everytime I see that stupid grey logo screen I get more motivated!

joekdo
09-03-06, 12:38 AM
You know my friend, if you found any way to hack the nav system in any way I'm sure the entire forum would be absolutely delighted, so keep trying, I hope you find something! Bein able to program that nav while driving would be a huge plus!

davedogcaddy
09-03-06, 09:29 PM
I will go back and look in case I am missing something, but I am not looking to unlock the player while driving. I just want to change the lame grey logo splash screen. It's the screen you see when you start the car. I have been playing around with it. Mostly I am trying to find a way to upload to the hard drive. And it has to have a hard drive or it wouldn't be able to show you the splash screen.

Sorry if I sound crabby, I am just totally frustrated, but it would be fun to be the first to do this! Everytime I see that stupid grey logo screen I get more motivated!

I'm not sure if it has a hard drive or not, but just because it has a splash screen doesn't mean it has to have a hard drive.

kelliecoo
09-03-06, 11:09 PM
From what I have found just searching around, the Acura Nav system is running Windows CE. I am sure the caddy has to be running something nice and light like that.

Still don't know what my Nav system is running. But, if anyone knows a way to get to a screen that allows the user to download software upgrades that would help tremendously. I have held down the one feature programming button and gotten to the code screen. Is this the only way to get to any sort of programming screen?