: Velose - this is for you...

wildwhl
08-28-06, 05:01 PM
Frank -

Like me, you seem to be somewhat fickle about your V. When all is well - you love it. When there is a leak, vibration, or noise - you start thinking about dumping it.

I spent some time this weekend - a whopping 4 hours - fixing the Hotchkis clunk, "clearancing" a minor rub issue on the rear wheels, and cleaning up some other odds and ends.

You know what? I am absolutely digging this car again (not that I hated it before).

I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that the little things are just that - little things. The overall car is just one seriously fun sombiatch.

WW

Florian
08-28-06, 06:40 PM
The overall car is just one seriously fun sombiatch.

WW

WW,

The above quote is whats keeping me in the saddle of this thing....I love my V.

F

First Class Motoring
08-28-06, 07:11 PM
:yeah: .every car has it's little things but not every car fill's like :eek: when you get on it.:D

Ryan's '05-V
08-28-06, 08:36 PM
I've had my share of trips to the dealer for repairs while having a terrible first dealer but I too love my car. I'm on my third diff ('06) that is the whiniest of them all but I don't care because I know it will be replaced when I take it in.

I love driving my car and will hate the day comes when my lease is up (although I'm working on a replacement V so I can reuse some mods).

JAY WEST
08-29-06, 12:21 AM
I'm glad Frank is fickle, I picked up some used Asanti's from him. Fair price, cool dude. What's up Frank? What's up WW?

VELOSE
08-29-06, 10:53 AM
"Fickle" me? Please...... I'm more like "Super Fickle".:D

The V is still at the shop getting the GC kit installed. I should be getting it back tomorrow. We'll see if the front end stops shaking and the suspension is all that and a bag of chips.

If the suspension is dialed, I'm buying some dynamat to quiet the shifter and the cabin from exhaust drone. Those are my "little things".

Thanks WW for disclosing our "Fickle Club".

Sup Jay! Where those pics of your car with the Asanti's?

VELOSE
08-29-06, 11:00 AM
WW, forgot to mention that my dealer screwed up the last install of your spacers. They forgot to add the stock metal washer on top of your spacers. So what happened? One side was broken in 4 pieces and the other side broke thru two thick black disc spacers. The shop installing the GC kit is telling me that the breaking of the washers could've caused for the toe to be off in the rear. Hence causing the front end to be unstable over rough patches of road and potholes. I hope that was the problem. More than ever I'm anxious to drive the V tomorrow. ;)

wildwhl
08-30-06, 07:02 AM
Just let me know if you need more spacers. Hell, I'll drive over and slap them in for you :D

WW

VELOSE
08-30-06, 11:20 AM
The GC kit already has some metal spacers, I think? Even if I don't need the spacers, we should setup a meet for all V in the area. ;)