: pcm programming

JKG
08-28-06, 07:00 AM
anyone have any experience with EFILive or HPtuner software on the V? Looking to have some fun without breaking anything.

Florian
08-28-06, 09:28 AM
EFILive here.

F

ronr
08-28-06, 09:54 AM
EFILive here.

F

Me too.

StealthV
08-28-06, 12:56 PM
Creator/maintainer of the EFILive V2 FAQ here. If you haven't bought a tuning package yet, you may wish to wait for the public release of V2 and compare to others on the market. It's very nice. :)

Remember to figure in the cost of a WBO2...anything less is uncivilized.

JKG
08-31-06, 06:54 AM
What is EfiLive V2 - Is this the "handheld" device they show on their website? Their website is a little confusing, with V4 and 5 and also V1 and V2.

Anyone using Hptuners? It is quite a bit less expensive. Can EFIlive files be read by hptuners or vice - versa?

StealthV
08-31-06, 08:23 AM
V2 is the handheld. EFILive: Digital Tools for Onboard Vehicle Electronics (http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx)

Add in wideband capability (EIO?) on HPTuners and it becomes very similar in price to EFILive. Compare apples to apples...

EFILive can open older HPTuner .bin files (they since got smarter and locked them down...)

Either one can read a PCM tuned with the other - unless custom, non GM software is used.

caddyv
08-31-06, 10:03 AM
to those with the EFIlive tuner, how do you think it is in comparison to a stealthv tune. i am looking for a tune but want to make sure i get the right one and also that it is worth it. i have a lingenfelter cold air, and b&b cat back. Will there be a noticable difference with the efilive tune? and can i reflash back to stock settings if i have to go to the dealer, and then change back when i get home?????

StealthV
08-31-06, 12:12 PM
EFILive is a programming tool - like buying a hammer and saw. Buying a hammer and saw does not buy a house. There are no "tunes" with EFILive.

rheagrimm
08-31-06, 01:30 PM
EFILive is a programming tool - like buying a hammer and saw. Buying a hammer and saw does not buy a house. There are no "tunes" with EFILive.

Since there are no canned tunes with the EFI Live programming tool, can it be directly interfaced with a PC and custom tunes like your StealthV tune be downloaded into it over the internet? I am familier with the DiabloSport Predator but know nothing about EFI Live. :confused:

JKG
08-31-06, 03:42 PM
from what I have seen on the EFI live forum, Stealth V has put together a great tune for the CTS-V. You can see dyno numbers of over 30hp gain, if I remember correctly. for most of us, a stealth V tune would probably be all that is ever needed.

I am looking to get a software program so that I can play myself a bit, and also so that I can deal with codes if they come up over time. My understanding of some of the aftermarket tunes, especially anytime you are changing the PCM, there is a possibility of getting a crankshaft timing code which must be cleared by a dealer. I want the software so I can do this myself, since there is no cadillac dealer worth anything near me,

I was hoping to see how many of us have done anything with EFILive or hptuners. The internet is full of tunes for corvettes and camaros that can be downloaded, but nothing for a V.

Chef
09-01-06, 12:27 AM
Experienced both. More options with HP IMHO. New program has some real fun stuff on it. Basically, from what I here it does a bit more than EFI Live but Stealth is the expert here and I would go with his opinion...

Chef