: Just bought my V..Questions KarsIII and Nav

srracer
08-28-06, 01:14 AM
Well, after owning my '95 Ford SHO for 9 years, I finally made a move and upgraded to a V last week. I've been spending 4+ hours every night searching and reading through this forum to try to glean as much info as I can, but I still have a few questions.

Regarding the KARSIII package on an '04:
I saw a picture of the support plates that looked welded, but it sounded like the '04's needed additional welding. If so, what else is welded?

Regarding the Nav Voice Recognition:
To those that have installed the buttons from the std CTS steering wheel (or '06, I guess?) Do all of the voice commands work well, or only some? I got a standard CTS manual/CD with my car and it lists them all out - seems like that would be a pretty useful upgrade.

That's it for now..

Thanks!!
-Chris B
'04 18K miles, Black/Black
Attleboro, MA

JonCR96Z
08-28-06, 10:59 AM
No additional welding, just the plates

No voice nav.

dqw1
08-28-06, 01:33 PM
Only thing I think you can do by voice is dialing a phone number using OnStar. I never tried it.

srracer
08-28-06, 02:45 PM
I read in the FAQ that you can add the steering wheel buttons that the standard and '06 CTS's have, though:

CTS-CTS-V FAQ: Voice controls and SWC (steering wheel controls) for the CTS-V (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/vswc/index.html)

This makes me think that we can take advantage of the voice control system... Can anybody who has added these buttons confirm that the voice commands do or don't work?

Thanks again!
-Chris

ahahnu
08-28-06, 04:14 PM
The only welding Doug did on my car were two plates that the kits screws through into the floor. Its additional support to make it stronger and not have it rub right on the bottom of the car. I hated not having my kit on when I had it off for a few weks. Didn't want to depress thegas halfway.