: Has Anyone Replaced Their Seats & Steering Wheel?

Chef
08-27-06, 07:32 PM
Was thinking if anyone had pics of an all solid racing seat to replace the heavy seats. Something that is non ricer "ish" like a solid colored momo or similar. Also has anyone replaced the steering wheel as well? pics if you have them..

Just curious mind you...:stirpot:

Chef

LV_V
08-27-06, 08:19 PM
You should pick up some carbon fiber Euro GT3 seats :thumbsup:

ctsvett
08-27-06, 08:20 PM
its really tough to change the seats becaue they have the integrated seatbelts... i dont know any aftermarket seats that have those...

if you find something, let us know!

Reed

Drift-caddy
08-27-06, 08:26 PM
its really tough to change the seats becaue they have the integrated seatbelts... i dont know any aftermarket seats that have those...

if you find something, let us know!

Reed

Ummm we had race seat on the drift V. Do a search and you will find some picks on here. Hardest part was making seat frames. Also you will need a harness bar for the belts

CTS-VPaco
08-27-06, 09:05 PM
Recaro makes a shitton of seats for all sorts of applications. I would guess they would be a good place to start for a integrated seatbelt aftermarket seat.

LV_V
08-27-06, 10:15 PM
Get some 5 or 6 point harnesses bolted in. Search the forum, its been done.

Chef
08-28-06, 11:13 AM
:thumbsup:

homer403
08-28-06, 12:49 PM
I believe the most important aspect of any new seat is how they would affect the side airbags. Audi couldn't offer the Recaro seats in their RS4 in the US due to the side airbags.