: Transmission thud

cynic
08-26-06, 08:18 PM
If I let off the gas just before my cat goes into third gear and then reapply the gas, I get the "you need a new transmission" thud. Has anyone tried the anti-slip snake oil they sell at autozone? Anyone know where I can find a new tranny (2000 sport)?

cynic
08-27-06, 01:24 PM
Anyone ever try this for their slipping tranny?

Lucas Transmission Fix stops automatic transmission slippage (http://lucasoil.hodgsoncorp.com/slipping_transmission.htm)

carate
08-27-06, 01:31 PM
Have the same problem with my 97. Started when the battery died - must have screwed up the solenoids. I'm wondering if just changing the 2-3 solenoid will solve the problem - the manual shows it can be done by just removing the oil pan & filter. It may also involve the Band Control Solenoid - which can also be changed at filter change time. Mine got a little better when the fluid & filter were changed, but it is representing itself.

Anyone had success with changing any of the solenoids?

Hoosier
08-28-06, 12:06 PM
What is the procedure for the Lucas product? Do you mix this in with the transmission fluid?

Kcryan
08-28-06, 05:51 PM
Sure do, dont use it on good transmissions, but on one thats on its way out, use it, it might help, might not, cant hurt

inconnu
08-28-06, 06:18 PM
I dont think these snake oils work,tried it on my old car didnt do a damn bit,if the tranny is shot it is shot,there is no two ways about it,save your 15 bucks.Just my point of view.