: Rust

WGT31
08-26-06, 01:04 PM
well i just got thru washing the v and noticed rust on the trunk where i had had my sirius antenna, using the xm now thank goodness. i cant believe the paint issues i am having with this car, the trunk on my '96 STSz never rusted like this whats up. first bird poop bubbling up the paint on the hood, and now this :rant2: . i'm sure they will say the rust is from the nonfactory ant thus not being cvrd. i did get some of it off with wax. but shouldn't the clear coat have prevented this and the bubbling up from the poop? i'm sure i will always have an issue with the trunk from now on. :mad: Jeez.

Imperator
08-26-06, 06:57 PM
Did the antenna have a magnet-mount base, or was it double-sided adhesive, trapping moisture between the antenna body and the trunk lid? I don't have too many complaints except that it seems the clear coat is too thin for my liking and the hood chips too easily.

CVP33
08-26-06, 07:16 PM
Low slung, performance sedan, engineered to have the air flow go over the car instead of under = chipped paint. Especially at 174mph. The SRT-8 is no better in this category. I have a paint "stick" that I use religiously after every wash. I've lost count of the paint chips.

wicked v
08-26-06, 11:13 PM
get a clear clear bra, problem solved. I dont even worry about chips anymore!