: 2.5 Months and still no magna charger, starting to get irritated

visionik
08-26-06, 08:00 AM
As I previously posted, Magnusson is no longer shipping CTS-V superchargers as they were "re-engineering" the jack shaft because of defects. They said it would take six weeks.

It's now been ten weeks -- still no supercharger. And I've been getting the "it should ship this week" string-along for a month now.

Some other forum vendors had Maggies in stock but I wasn't in a position to change my order. I've had enough. Anyone still have any?

And is Magnusson actually going to ship again, or is this just their way of dropping the product?

dvandentop
08-26-06, 09:08 AM
if i put down that much $ i would be starting to get annoyyed as well.

QuickChickLeslie
08-26-06, 09:34 AM
Wow visionik- we are in the same boat. My husband has talked to our dealer that was/is doing the install, as wll as Magnusson, getting the same story!

We put our money down roughly 2.5 months ago as well, waited patiently as they re-engineered the super charger, and then when it was a go, it would take a few weeks, but now it has taken forever!

My husband just said we are getting our money back Monday morning!

Leslie

Luna.
08-26-06, 12:36 PM
I agree that waiting can be very frustrating. I would, however, want them to get it right rather than send something out that was defective. I guess the frustration is that they can't get it right fast enough...is anyone aware of the issues that they are having?

Seattle CTS-V
08-26-06, 02:10 PM
Hmmmm, but what's wrong w/ my supercharger that it needed to be reengineered? Are jackshafts breaking or something?

VELOSE
08-26-06, 09:40 PM
My SC is doing very well(knock on wood). What are jackshafts? Is it the long rod that's polished metal or carbon fiber like mine that connects the rear pulleys with the front pulley?

If my GC kit doesn't correct the front end vibration I'm getting, I will be selling my V FOR SURE. If I do go that route, I'd be willing to part the charger. I won't be making that decision till the end of next week. Just throwing it out if you're interested.

wildwhl
08-26-06, 10:21 PM
You could always demand a refund and buy the competitor's package :stirpot:

Something tells me they might be reengineering more than the jackshaft, or maybe it is just wishful thinking. If so, it will be worth the wait :shhh:

WW

visionik
08-27-06, 05:22 PM
QuickChikLeslie -- Well, on one hand I'm at least a little "glad" to hear that others have been waiting too; but on the other hand, sorry to hear they've been stringing you guys along, too.

I'm going to try to call Magnusson Monday and get a straight answer. If I don't get one, or if I get one and they don't follow through again ... I'm going to cancel and spend the money elsewhere.

I totally agree with the idea of improving the blower / not shipping until its "right", but that doesn't make up for making repeated commitments that it would ship and then not doing so. I've heard that this situation has happened alot with Magnusson over the years though.

Wildwhl - I've considered the ATI procharger but my installer really doesn't want to go there.

wildwhl
08-27-06, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, the maggie really is the only game for the V. Somebody must have a kit in stock somewhere?

WW

Luna.
08-27-06, 05:55 PM
I totally agree with the idea of improving the blower / not shipping until its "right", but that doesn't make up for making repeated commitments that it would ship and then not doing so. I've heard that this situation has happened alot with Magnusson over the years though.

Yeah, that can be very frustrating. I've seen many companies use this tactic in an effort to keep business and it's very frustrating from the customer's point of view.