: Are you happy with your STS-V?

V-Beach
08-25-06, 08:45 PM
Just trying to get a general idea of what you think of the car.
I miss my CTS-V more and more each day. I admit that the STS-V is much more refined but it just lacks something. Maybe it's the stick shift or the sound of the Corsa, but, the STS is just blah.

Rachane
08-25-06, 10:11 PM
I also used to have a CTS-V, have since changed to a STS-V. I am much happier with the latter, because [over San Francisco's bad pavement] the stiffly-sprung CTS-V was bone jarring. The STS-V makes driving over bad pavement a non-problem.

More generally I think that the STS-V has an all-around higher standard of quality throughout the interior. More in the luxury-car rather than the muscle-car tradition. The CTS-V struck me as a bit "plastic-y" for a Cadillac.

Finally I like having the blown Northstar under the hood, Cadillac-exclusive. The LS6 (later LS2) engine the CTS-V shares with the Vette & Pontiac GTO is a perfectly great engine, to be sure, but it's fun to show off that Northstar.

SRT8/BMW
08-26-06, 06:17 AM
I also used to have a CTS-V, have since changed to a STS-V. I am much happier with the latter, because [over San Francisco's bad pavement] the stiffly-sprung CTS-V was bone jarring. The STS-V makes driving over bad pavement a non-problem.

More generally I think that the STS-V has an all-around higher standard of quality throughout the interior. More in the luxury-car rather than the muscle-car tradition. The CTS-V struck me as a bit "plastic-y" for a Cadillac.

Finally I like having the blown Northstar under the hood, Cadillac-exclusive. The LS6 (later LS2) engine the CTS-V shares with the Vette & Pontiac GTO is a perfectly great engine, to be sure, but it's fun to show off that Northstar.

what he said..I do love the car. It can be sort of "blah"..until you line up and race someone. Then it doesn't fewel so blah as you are blowing past cars that think they are going to beat you

ssstealth
08-27-06, 11:00 PM
For my opinion, please refer to the August 28th edition of AutoWeek magazine...

AutoWeek STS-V article published August 28th 2006 (http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060828/FREE/60817003&SearchID=73255134067395)