: Does anyone have pics of chromed OEM rims on a platinum V??

nikon
08-25-06, 10:17 AM
I love the way it looks on the black V's but I think it might look gody on silver Im not sure...just that theres a listing on ebay for a decent exchange set of rims...if anyone has pics post em up....just silver cars though.

rgd
08-25-06, 11:33 AM
I have chromed OEM rims but no pictures, yet. I'll try to get a pict or two for you later today, after the sun comes out.

rgd

v-ape
08-25-06, 11:46 AM
Cool, I'd like to see that too.

V Amazed
08-25-06, 12:32 PM
TX Silver V used to have some chorme OEMs on his platinum V. Might be some pics of it. Try search. Not sure though.

Ben

nikon
08-25-06, 01:29 PM
cool thanks...btw how much did you pay for the chromies?? On ebay its like 5 and change which seemed pretty reasonable...and Ill be awaiting your pics.

TXSilverV
08-26-06, 09:12 AM
tell me your email and I'll send you some pics. I have no idea how to post them here.

1QUICKV
08-28-06, 06:34 PM
there is a sliver cadillac on ebay and it has 20's that look like the ctsv stock wheels they look good if not better then stock.

Imperator
08-28-06, 09:40 PM
In my opinion, chromed OEM wheels look better on silver than they do on black. Maybe it's just that it provides nice contrast against the platinum paint instead of blending in. Chrome on black is just straight bling... not that there's anything wrong with it. :thumbsup: Personally, I want to have my wheels treated to the black chrome.

RidingLow
08-29-06, 08:04 AM
:bouncy: Come on Post the pictures guys .. It been something i been wanting to see for a while.

nikon
08-29-06, 09:24 AM
In my opinion, chromed OEM wheels look better on silver than they do on black. Maybe it's just that it provides nice contrast against the platinum paint instead of blending in. Chrome on black is just straight bling... not that there's anything wrong with it. :thumbsup: Personally, I want to have my wheels treated to the black chrome.

I did'nt think the were allowed to do that anymore??

rgd
08-30-06, 08:08 AM
OK so the sun finally came out........, five times! Sorry for the delay been busy and blablabla. Anyway, here are a few pictures of a Platinum Silver V, with chrome rims. I pulled the caps apart and painted the backs black for some contrast. I tried painting a couple nut caps black but it looks better with the lug nuts silver because the well the lug nuts are in is typically shadowed providing nice contrast. If I had a better camera I would obviously provide better pictures. Probably better this way though, I still have more work to do on my fenders. I painted the vented hood myself, (first time for everything); after ? attempts finally got it right but had to completely re-paint fenders due to a screw up. I still have some sanding and polishing to do to eliminate the massive orange peal on the fenders. I still need to fit the hood so it doesn't stick up above the fenders, this weekend for that.

Hope this serves as an idea of what to expect.

Thanks,
rgd

v-ape
08-30-06, 09:56 AM
Looks nice, thanks.

atdeneve
08-31-06, 06:46 AM
Wow! First time seeing chromed wheels on platinum and I must say that that does look very nice.

The cowl somehow looks better on platinum, also. Any more pics of that vented hood? Perhaps its the angle, the picture ... don't know, just seems to fit better. Very subtle, but still apparent enough.

Kinda makes me wanna spring for one, even though my V is black. Hmmm, vented or non-vented? Would it be possible to have one fabricated out of carbon fiber, since he already has the mold made?

Doh, sorry bout the thread jack. My simple mind tends to wander off the subject at times. My sincere apologies.

nikon
08-31-06, 08:16 AM
It looks good but, I dunno theres just something about it, I really cant decide...I know the money factor is easy to decide...500$ vs 5000$ for forgelines....I dunno...I cant tell if it's too much bling or not :confused:

felix711
09-01-06, 10:20 AM
Hey RGD, WOW!!! Nice ride. Did you have those center caps made, or did they come with the car? Do you have a part No?? Thanks